Red Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Army

I watched this documentary tonight. If you are a sports fan, this is a must see.

From Oscar® nominated and Emmy award-winning filmmakers, RED ARMY is a feature documentary about the Soviet Union and the most successful dynasty in sports history: the Red Army hockey team. Told from the perspective of its captain Slava Fetisov, the story portrays his transformation from national hero to political enemy. From the USSR to Russia, the film examines how sport mirrors social and cultural movements and parallels the rise and fall of the Red Army team with the Soviet Union.

Source
    A final word. The trailer above picks the most anti-Soviet aspects of the documentary and is a real Cold War relic. Which is too bad. Because while politics is a feature of the film, and while the Cold War has its necessary place in the story, the documentary is not a propaganda piece.
    Last edited by The Ibis; 06 Oct 15, 21:32.

Thanks for posting that!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I saw Of Miracles and Men, and really enjoyed that. It's good that we can finally set the politics aside, and view the athletes as men, warts and all.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X