Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

New York Yankees icon, and Hall of Fame catcher, Yogi Berra has died at the age of 90 late Tuesday night.

LINK

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Many of us forget what a great player he was. He is better known for his many quotes than his skills on the diamond. But, at least he will be remembered. RIP Yogi.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

He was a D-Day vet too, with the US Navy.

Comment

I have a list of Yogiisms on my wall at work .

RIP sir

"The future aint what it used to be"
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by sherlock View Post
          Many of us forget what a great player he was. He is better known for his many quotes than his skills on the diamond. But, at least he will be remembered. RIP Yogi.
          Yes, he was a great, great player, I never forgot that but I enjoyed his many humorous quotes.
          RIP!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

RIP to a great ballplayer

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

They say he was awarded a Purple Heart for wound suffered while manning an LSP rocket boat at Overlord.

Comment

Guess I wasn't paying attention.
                  http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/07...html?referrer=

Comment

Even the snooty toffs at the Beeb know.
                    Baseball legend Yogi Berra dies at 90 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34333249

Comment

The most well-known video of Yogi's playing career is most certainly a video in which Berra played second fiddle to Jackie Robinson. As you all know, its the clip showing Robinson stealing home during the 1955 World Series. Berra argued the call and as the slowmo below shows, Yogi might well have been right.

RIP

Comment

HE WAS OUT !!!!!

Comment

Bet Bob Sheppard announced Yogi at the Pearly Gates tonight.

Comment

He was a great guy, I hope he is always remembered.

Comment

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X