A Proposal for the NHL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proposal for the NHL....

Why not implement a targeting rule like that in college football to reduce fighting by eliminating cheap shots in the game? Take a shot at an opponent that is not deemed a legitimate hockey play and the offender is removed for the balance of the game. Should the foul happen in the third period that player is removed for the entire next game as well.

Additionally, no player may be called up to fill the suspended players roster spot. Will this eliminate fighting in its entirety? Probably not, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.

Any opinions on the advent of 3 on 3 play to try to cut down on the number of games decided by shootouts?

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Dennis, all these things have been proposed for years and years now but it will never happen, the rabid NHL won't let it, without fighting and thugary the NHL would be DOA.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Again, the step I like won't eliminate all fighting, just those actions coming about as a result of cheap shots. Most of those come from goons who probably lack the talent and skills to be there otherwise.

I understand that steps like this may cost the NHL the "dinosaur" contingent among its fans, but I view that as a good thing. I agree with you that it is the group of troglodytes in the front offices that perpetuate the sham of fighting in hockey as being integral to the game.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X