NFL'S Marijuana Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL'S Marijuana Problem

This season has the highest number of players suspended for marijuana use. Anywhere from 1-4 games for violating the NFL's drug policy.

Why are the players being punished for taking a drug that can only negatively effect their performance? It's not performance enhancing! For the crap they have to put up with, I say let them smoke all the pot they want.

I wonder if the players are legally allowed to smoke marijuana if they have a medical marijuana dispensary card?
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

The last is an interesting question, and probably grounds for litigation on the part of the player if suspended. Even with that I would say no.

My boys lost another for smoking dope, Martavis Bryant. Now, to get 4 games he had to fail 4, that's right 4, tests. Each of the first 3 carried increasingly harsher penalties to boot.

IMO that man doesn't have a weed problem. He and anyone else in that boat has a STUPID problem Maggie!

Best regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I've heard of cases where marijuana helps players cope with and recover from concussions.

I really don't consider marijuana a bad drug. I wish the NFL would remove it from the list of banned substances.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
        I've heard of cases where marijuana helps players cope with and recover from concussions.

I really don't consider marijuana a bad drug. I wish the NFL would remove it from the list of banned substances.
        Nonsense. I refuse to place bets on NFL games until I am assured that all questionable substances are banned.

Pot and Gisele should be banned from NFL locker rooms and clubhouses.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Of all the problems the NFL has: Concussions, a commissioner who thinks the rules don't apply to him and players beating up their wives and girlfriends, marijuana should be the least of their concerns.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I am not arguing that point because it has merit, but as long as it is banned my case for being stupid stands. Ditto DUI among other violations far too many of the players indulge in.

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

This season has the highest number of players suspended for marijuana use. Anywhere from 1-4 games for violating the NFL's drug policy.

Why are the players being punished for taking a drug that can only negatively effect their performance? It's not performance enhancing! For the crap they have to put up with, I say let them smoke all the pot they want.

I wonder if the players are legally allowed to smoke marijuana if they have a medical marijuana dispensary card?
              I hear you, its not like we are dealing with steroids here.

Well I know the NBA is strongly considering changing it Cannabis policy. About 80% of the NBA is said to smoke in the off season. Science has shown us the medical benefits of cannabis. Of course I would certainly wager that these Athletes are not smoking before or on the day of a game...as it would slow them down.

As a sort of related side note there was a MLB pitcher who once threw a no hitter while on LSD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_Ellis

Comment

What marijuana?

Hard to keep banning when some States don't .

Mostly used for recovery or just recreation IMO... not to gain an in-game advantage like steroids.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                  The last is an interesting question, and probably grounds for litigation on the part of the player if suspended. Even with that I would say no.

My boys lost another for smoking dope, Martavis Bryant. Now, to get 4 games he had to fail 4, that's right 4, tests. Each of the first 3 carried increasingly harsher penalties to boot.

IMO that man doesn't have a weed problem. He and anyone else in that boat has a STUPID problem Maggie!

Best regards,
                  Dennis

Actually there are quite a few players with 4 games suspension this season. My team has a couple of guys out for pot use too.
                  I agree, they are idiots for jeopardizing their careers just to get high.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X