X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    Its all a bunch of BS. The Patriots have gotten away with crap for years, this is just more of the same.

I agree. Look at the Thur night game, the Steelers headsets were having problems.
    Even though they say the Patriots were not to blame, I find it very suspicious.

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    Its all a bunch of BS. The Patriots have gotten away with crap for years, this is just more of the same.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    I hear the 2 equipment guys may get reinstated too.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    You can't overlook the fact that he was successful BECAUSE of the cheating. If he didn't cheat, how would he have done? He cheated because he (and his team) thought they needed an advantage to win. Someone with the true skills to dominate won't need to cheat. Those that are insecure will cheat. Brady isn't as good as his achievements. He needed to cheat to be successful.

I can certainly label Brady as mediocre. I doubt the team would maintain a .500 win rate throughout the years without all of the cheating.
    Cheating to some extent is to be expected from everyone. If Brady had the footballs deflated and yet the Patriots still stunk as a team, no one would have given a hoot.

In baseball, just about every junk-ball pitcher in the Hall of Fame used something to enhance the ball movement. Every team tries to steal signs and lots of hitters try to see just how much pint-tar they can get away with on their bats.

Take Barry Bonds as an example. He always had decent foot speed, a good eye at the plate, had incredible bat speed, had a most efficient swing, and possessed a good power ratio for a guy his size, All the steroids that he might have taken would not have dramatically increased the number of his home-runs at Pac Bell Park because that park was perfectly engineered for him, just as the old Yankee Stadium was perfectly engineered for Babe Ruth. If Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams had switched ballparks, those two might have been two batters to ever have played the game...by FAR.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by D1J1 View Post

Looks like Goodell screwed up big time by not going draconian on the Pats office and Belichick from the get-go!

Regards,
    Dennis
    I agree!

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    The stench from New England just gets worse and worse.....

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...patriots-apart

Looks like Goodell screwed up big time by not going draconian on the Pats office and Belichick from the get-go!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    You can't overlook the fact that he was successful BECAUSE of the cheating. If he didn't cheat, how would he have done? He cheated because he (and his team) thought they needed an advantage to win. Someone with the true skills to dominate won't need to cheat. Those that are insecure will cheat. Brady isn't as good as his achievements. He needed to cheat to be successful.

I can certainly label Brady as mediocre. I doubt the team would maintain a .500 win rate throughout the years without all of the cheating.
    I understand that cheating, particularly "filmgate," allowed the Pats to win more games than they otherwise might have. Even given that help, the Pats still had to execute the plays. They did that very, very well.

I think they are vermin, but I can't call Brady mediocre. Nice discussing the issue with you though.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
    While I have no love for Brady, Belichic, or the Patriots, I would never describe Brady as mediocre. Cheater yes, mediocre no.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    I wonder how Brady will manage to get his next superbowl ring? Surely not on his mediocrity as a player, of course. He could just try good old fashioned bribery next, that'll be a new one for him.
    While I have no love for Brady, Belichic, or the Patriots, I would never describe Brady as mediocre. Cheater yes, mediocre no.

I am also intrigued by what appears to be an about-face by Goodell here. Earlier, he destroys the evidence of the Patriots illegal use of video technology to steal opponents signals, then goes to the mattress against Brady. I wonder what caused that?! Me thinks it could possibly be fear for his job!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• BobTheBarbarian
    replied
    Well, Hopefully at least he won't beat the defense:

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    The judge has Brady on his fantasy football team...duh.

Also:

I wonder how Brady will manage to get his next superbowl ring? Surely not on his mediocrity as a player, of course. He could just try good old fashioned bribery next, that'll be a new one for him.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    I hope the owners dump Godell. The guys nuts! He is still pushing for a team in London...a total waste of energy and money,

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    In the end, Godells case didn't hold air!
    Good one! Absent Brady's cell phone we will never know for sure.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    You are 'the man' D .

Awwww, shucks! T'warn't nuthin'!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    In the end, Godells case didn't hold air!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X