Brady Beats the Wrap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Beats the Wrap!

I do believe that there is no way Brady did not know about the air pressure in the balls. However, I also believe the NFL in no fashion had any PROOF of that. In the end, it becomes a wash. I also believe it is unfair for the commissioner to levy a punishment then act as the court of appeal on his own decision.

However, the NFLPA agreed to that in writing in their last labor agreement. My understanding is that this hearing was NOT to determine Brady's level of culpability, but to determine whether or not proper procedure was followed in the incident.

As far as I can tell procedure, flawed as it may be, was followed whether we may or may not agree with the procedure. Given that, I do not see how the judge decided as he did.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Ridiculous

He knew, he advised, he destroyed evidence of his knowing, he lied.

maybe not exactly lawful to suspend... but he sure deserved it.

Patriots.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
      Ridiculous

He knew, he advised, he destroyed evidence of his knowing, he lied.

maybe not exactly lawful to suspend... but he sure deserved it.

Patriots.
      Heck, you knew he would, the judge probably asked him for his autograph!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Expect to see more of this sort of thing in the future. When the only consequence of cheating is a super bowl ring you'd be stupid not to do it. And so the legitimacy of the NFL degrades further.
        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

This ruling only applies to Brady, right? Will the team still lose some draft picks and Craft still has to pay out $2 million?

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            This ruling only applies to Brady, right? Will the team still lose some draft picks and Craft still has to pay out $2 million?

Yes, as far as I know.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              Heck, you knew he would, the judge probably asked him for his autograph!

Well... IMO the ruling was more about the 'fairness' of the NFL's process.

NOT that Brady didn't have anything to do with the deflated footballs. He did. No equipment guy would do anything without their idol's blessing. Everybody knows it... so his 'legacy' is indeed tarnished whether he thinks so now or not.

Hey TS... I would have let him off too if Gisele gave me a little 'talk' .

I heard she just invested in some new 'equipment' too... not that she needed it.

Comment

Hey TS... I would have let him off too if Gisele gave me a little 'talk' .

I heard she just invested in some new 'equipment' too... not that she needed it.
                Wonder how many PSI he told her to have them set for?! Seems he likes his inflatables a little squishy!

Regards,
                Dennis

Comment

You are 'the man' D .

Comment

In the end, Godells case didn't hold air!
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

You are 'the man' D .

Awwww, shucks! T'warn't nuthin'!

Regards,
                      Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                        In the end, Godells case didn't hold air!
                        Good one! Absent Brady's cell phone we will never know for sure.

Regards,
                        Dennis

Comment

I hope the owners dump Godell. The guys nuts! He is still pushing for a team in London...a total waste of energy and money,
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

The judge has Brady on his fantasy football team...duh.

Also:

I wonder how Brady will manage to get his next superbowl ring? Surely not on his mediocrity as a player, of course. He could just try good old fashioned bribery next, that'll be a new one for him.
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Well, Hopefully at least he won't beat the defense:

Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X