Dirty Play in Little League World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Play in Little League World Series

If I was that first baseman's coach he would have gotten pulled out of the game and chewed out for this garbage.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
    If I was that first baseman's coach he would have gotten pulled out of the game and chewed out for this garbage.

What a little punk! I was glad to see his team lost!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

If I had been the ump, he would have been gone

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

The problem is whether or not the umpire saw the shove. Some umpires are determined not to see illegal stuff. If the defending boy's coach saw this, he should have pulled the kid. Incompetent First Basemen are a menace.

My daughter broke her ankle sliding her Senior year of High School. About five years later she decided to play a little Coed Softball with the people from work. She hit the ball well and ran to First Base, but the chippy playing there was standing there with her back foot on the back of the bag! (Illegal, for the uniformed readers) She tried to not hit the chippy and tried to jump around her. She landed on her good ankle/foot and broke that one! I was not happy. I told her if she EVER decided to play again (and I hoped she would not!) she should kick the offending player in that ankle bone that sticks out! "Daddy! That would seriously hurt someone!" "Better someone else than you, my dear!"

She is 40 now and has broke both ankles at least twice!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post

That was a cheap shot, very unsportsmanlike by the first baseman. It looks like the base runner was able to hold back the tears though..there is no crying in baseball after all.

Comment

Pretty cheap, though unfortunately probably not the dirtiest thing going on in the tournament - also it is learned behavior.
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
              If I had been the ump, he would have been gone
              A good thump on the back of his head will teach him.

Just make sure the ump doesn't see you do it .

The way to get him is get your biggest guy to stomp his foot when going to first. Plus... he does have to come up to bat .
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                Pretty cheap, though unfortunately probably not the dirtiest thing going on in the tournament - also it is learned behavior.
                Not nearly as bad as the girls tourney... where the Washington team lost on purpose telling the batters to miss or bunt every time.

Just to avoid a tough game in the semi-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  Not nearly as bad as the girls tourney... where the Washington team lost on purpose telling the batters to miss or bunt every time.

Just to avoid a tough game in the semi-finals.
                  The Washington team tanking to keep a tough Iowa team that they had already lost to from advancing. Incredibly, the people in charge declared that those two teams would play an extra game to determine who made the playoffs!

Really?! The Washington team tanks and still has a chance to go on?! Fortunately justice prevailed and Iowa won the game, but the other ladies should have been DQed, and their coaches permanently banned from participating in the organization.

Regards,
                  Dennis

Comment

Most double elimination formats are:

Team A beats Team D
                    Team B beats Team C

Team A (1-0) beats Team B (1-0)
                    Team C (0-1) beats Team D (0-1) Team D eliminated with second loss.

Team A (2-0) Bye
                    Team B (1-1) beats Team C (1-1) Team C eliminated with second loss.

Team A (2-0) faces Team B (2-1) with Team B needing to defeat Team A twice to advance and Team A only needing one win to advance.

What sort of double elimination format where they using where a team can lose yet advance?
                    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

They played an extra game because of the shenanigans of the Washington team.

Also I am not sure that it wasn't pool play... with the better record team advancing to the finals.

Comment

I did some checking and, yes, it was pool play. Given the tie breaker rules, the Washington team throwing a game allowed the Utah team to miss advancing to the next round.

I still fail to understand how they, Washington, were not DQed and their coaches banned permanently.

Regards,
                        Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X