NHL 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 2015-2016

Oh yeah, it's coming. Had to buy my boy a new pair of skates the other day. I picked up a half dozen wood sticks a few weeks ago from a friend Upstate. Question: what's the best way to curve a wooden stick? Is this method reasonable?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

The link only tells about the curves on the blade... not how to 'curve' them yourself.

Was I looking at the right thing?
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Sorry, wrong link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4897445_curv...tick-home.html

Comment

Maybe ok for you... probably dangerous for me .

Comment

You'd figure with a million friggin' Canadians here I'd hear something useful.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            why bother? too much curve and stick handling and the back hand will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Haha... 'useful' you answered for yourself.

Just teasing my northern friends .

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                Haha... 'useful' you answered for yourself.

Just teasing my northern friends .
                Fcking A, Bubba. These Canucks are looking t*ts on a bull useless lately.

Comment

I'd like to see the Sabres get back to their winning ways. Hopefully the new coach Dan Bylsma will be able to move things in the right direction. I also have high hopes for the Sabres #2 overall draft pick this year, Jack Eichel..

Comment

The Hurricanes are rebuilding... again.

It looks like we finally got a good defenseman (1st draft pick).

Still look to be miles away from really being good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
                      why bother? too much curve and stick handling and the back hand will suffer.
                      Sorry mate, missed that one. Is 10 too young for a choice? I got a bunch of wooden sticks that a friend had kept his parents Upstate garage. They're all straight, and his current stick has a slight rt curve. I was thinking he should try straight and left, as well.

And camp starts in two weeks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think maybe 'curvier' as your position moves forward.

What position does he like best?

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                          I think maybe 'curvier' as your position moves forward.

What position does he like best?
                          He plays where his coach thinks best. Straighter blades are preferable for face-offs, penalty kills, and 'most any situation where defense is paramount. As a matter of fact, a number of NCAA players of my acquaintance kept sticks with different curves, selecting one over another depending on the particular situation in which he found himself. I just figured that the youngster might profit from experiencing varying curves, and learning each one's strengths and weaknesses for himself.

Comment

Oh all right, ...

... yeah that's pretty much how I did mine, but it's been some 40 years, and I went to a plastic blade for road hockey.

I would suggest you not bend it too much, aim for being able to fit a dime on end under the curve, and no more. I used to twist the tip of the blade a bit as well, to get some extra lift on my wrist shot. And remember, that blade's gonna get HOT!

Way back when I was a young snot (8-10 years old or so), my bud came home from a Leafs-Hawks game at the Gardens, with Bobby Hull's stick. He'd approached Hull for an autograph, Hull short of time just signed one of his sticks, it had a cracked blade and wasn't any good to him. My bud taped it up, and used it in our next road hockey game with the street next door team (we even had our own red sweaters). This was before the curves were regulated, and this stick had a curve that was almost 90 degrees. Mid-way through the game bud went to block a shot with his stick, and the blade simply collapsed; my bud blamed the other guy for doing it on purpose, and the fight was on, and it was curb clearing. We were losing at the time, and that's how it ended; damn those stick snap'in Lombardy Crescent guys!
                            Last edited by Marmat; 04 Aug 15, 02:26.
                            "I am Groot"
                            - Groot

Comment

Seven hours to face-off . . . .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X