No announcement yet.

NHL 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lundqvist had an incredibly poor and totally unexpected series, with an atrocious 75% save rate. He had been a monster against the Pens in the past, though not this season. Hank was consistently beaten like a red-headed stepchild high on the glove side.

It looked like he bailed on the rest of the team in game 5. I heard no report of any injury to him. Your opinion slick?

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
      Lundqvist had an incredibly poor and totally unexpected series, with an atrocious 75% save rate. He had been a monster against the Pens in the past, though not this season. Hank was consistently beaten like a red-headed stepchild high on the glove side.

It looked like he bailed on the rest of the team in game 5. I heard no report of any injury to him. Your opinion slick?

Regards,
      Dennis
      Injury reports won't come out 'til June, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hankie is nursing something.

His team bailed on him: how many two-on-one's can a goalie face, so he bailed on them. There's been some petty nonsense in the dressing room, and maybe that played a role, too. Maybe.

Long and short is that the Pens did to the Rangers what the Rangers did to them in 2014 and '15: speed, quickness, and defensive responsibility in all three zones. Rag on Hankie all you want, but Jesus Christ Himself wouldn't have stopped some of those shots, and ultimately even a savior wears down, physically and mentally.

Pens played great. Indeed, their style reminded me of someone: Sullivan was Torts' assistant during his Garden tenure.

For the entire roster, for the coaches, and the front office too, 2015-2016 has been a pretty regrettable and embarrassing season on Broadway.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

And in other major hockey news, Slick Jr, playing centerman for an entore game for the first time, won a puck battle and launched a stretch pass from his own right halfboard and and caught his left winger just entering the offensive zone on the left side of the offensive zone. Oohs and aahs abounded, to whit he shrugged his shoulder and quipped, "all I did was keep my head up."

Later on, after suffering a chop against the back of his ankle, he returned the favor with an elbow to the jowls.

Comment

[
          Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          And in other major hockey news, Slick Jr, playing centerman for an entore game for the first time, won a puck battle and launched a stretch pass from his own right halfboard and and caught his left winger just entering the offensive zone on the left side of the offensive zone. Oohs and aahs abounded, to whit he shrugged his shoulder and quipped, "all I did was keep my head up."

Later on, after suffering a chop against the back of his ankle, he returned the favor with an elbow to the jowls.
          Glad to see young slick is doing well and enjoying himself!

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            Injury reports won't come out 'til June, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hankie is nursing something.

His team bailed on him: how many two-on-one's can a goalie face, so he bailed on them. There's been some petty nonsense in the dressing room, and maybe that played a role, too. Maybe.

Long and short is that the Pens did to the Rangers what the Rangers did to them in 2014 and '15: speed, quickness, and defensive responsibility in all three zones. Rag on Hankie all you want, but Jesus Christ Himself wouldn't have stopped some of those shots, and ultimately even a savior wears down, physically and mentally.

Pens played great. Indeed, their style reminded me of someone: Sullivan was Torts' assistant during his Garden tenure.

For the entire roster, for the coaches, and the front office too, 2015-2016 has been a pretty regrettable and embarrassing season on Broadway.
            No ragging on Lundqvist. I was unaware of locker room issues, but that is a management and not a player problem IMO. I agree that the Pens were the better team in all aspects of the game.

The Rangers won the hitting battle by a big margin. In earlier years this would have thrown the Pens off their game big time. I think it did not because maturity, and hence focus are greatly improved in Pittsburgh.

Regards,
            Dennis

Comment

No ragging on Lundqvist. I was unaware of locker room issues, but that is a management and not a player problem IMO. I agree that the Pens were the better team in all aspects of the game.
              Can't argue that.

The Rangers won the hitting battle by a big margin. In earlier years this would have thrown the Pens off their game big time. I think it did not because maturity, and hence focus are greatly improved in Pittsburgh.
              Kudos to the Pens' coaches -- and as much as it pains me to say this, to the Pens' on-ice leaders, as well. They could have folded after Gm 2. They didn't. They dug in their heels, and played their system to an extremely high level. The Pens' execution in Gm 3 was nearly flawless, downright ruthless. Going into Gm 4, like true contenders they smelled blood in the water, and opened up with both barrels early in the 1st. All-in-all, their showing in that series was very professional. I'm still rating the Caps as favorites, but they'd better not take the Pens lightly.

But I still hate their guts.

And now there are none: no more Original Six. Chicago came close, but couldn't overcome the Blues' onslaught. Talk about a changing of the guard.

Isles' John Tavares: is he 2016's Messiah?

Comment

Tavaras is a beast. I watched both Ovechkin and Tavares in person and Tavares dominates more parts of the game... O might be a bit more lethal scorer tho. Tavaras is EVERYWHERE.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Whose going to rise to the Gm 7 occasion tonight in Anaheim: the hometown Ducks, or the Preds?

Comment

The un-Mighty Ducks .

Comment

I have to like the Ducks as well, but I've been wrong before! Just ask the Child Bride!

Regards,
                      Dennis

Comment

Much Duck crap laid in the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                          Much Duck crap laid in the pond.
                          Poor Bruce Boudreau had that deer-in-the-headlights look on his face again.

Comment

Three delay of game penalties in moments. You won't see that again for a while. The Mighty Flightless Birds are moving on!

Regards,
                            Dennis:

Comment

Caps just can not get it done... ever.

to the Pens.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                                Caps just can not get it done... ever.

to the Pens.
                                Ain't it funny how last night's Pens did it to the Caps just like 2012's, 2013's, 2014's, and 2015's Rangers did it to the Caps.

And we got Emerson Etem in that trade?

I'm waiting for St Louis to dump Dallas like minor surface irritant.

Took my boy to a Russian skating coach ('cause you know those Canucks don't know squat 'bout skatin' ) and after two-and-a-half hours with that martinet, he could barely walk, much less skate. The next morning, his skating was cleaner, more efficient, and more explosive, than I'd ever seen it before. His bagged himself two assists in a winning effort, against a pretty good team. At first Mrs Slick didn't believe me, but when she saw him skating on the street the day after that game, she was suitably impressed. Slick Jr now insists on concentrating on hockey exclusively, despite being a pretty damned good football/soccer player. I'm concerned not only with injury, but also with emotional burn-out. I'll have to find a way to distract him at strategic times, which won't be easy, 'cause as any hockey fan knows, it's not a sport: it's a friggin' addiction.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X