Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, ...

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Character they already have: they played when they should have stayed home. And if I know my son, he'll be spending more time jumping rope, doing crunches, and skating in the street this summer: that's how bad he wants it.

I hate to critique my fellow hockey parents, but I do believe that they could have provided better care for their sick children. They needed to eat, light foods like clear soup and toast, and they needed more hydration. I do believe that they might have recovered more quickly if they were better nourished and hydrated.

Maybe.

I must, however, temper my criticism by noting that many of the parents were as sick as their kids. This past week has been bizarre from a medical standpoint.
    ... that's character all right, sound's like they're chips off the old block.
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
      ... that's character all right, sound's like they're chips off the old block.
      Multiple blocks: they've got some good parents too.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Islanders beat the Canes in OT... a last minute shot off our defenseman's clavicle.

Had a good time anyway.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          Islanders beat the Canes in OT... a last minute shot off our defenseman's clavicle.

Had a good time anyway.
          Isles are struggling. They needed that extra point desperately.

Rangers did not wow me in Montreal the other night. The Habs' body language is all wrong. If the Blueshirts were genuine contenders, that game would have been a lot more lopsided. The letdown against Pittsburgh the following proves my point.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            Isles are struggling. They needed that extra point desperately.

Rangers did not wow me in Montreal the other night. The Habs' body language is all wrong. If the Blueshirts were genuine contenders, that game would have been a lot more lopsided. The letdown against Pittsburgh the following proves my point.
            The Pens have added a lot more speed to their lineup. That, more than any letdown by the Rangers is the determining factor. I'm frankly surprised my boys have done what they have, given the games lost to injury this year, especially by players counted on for major contributions. A graphic put up during the game showed 80 some man games lost by the Rangers and almost 250 by the Pens.

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
              The Pens have added a lot more speed to their lineup. That, more than any letdown by the Rangers is the determining factor. I'm frankly surprised my boys have done what they have, given the games lost to injury this year, especially by players counted on for major contributions. A graphic put up during the game showed 80 some man games lost by the Rangers and almost 250 by the Pens.

Regards,
              Dennis
              True --/but some of that speed they'd seen in practice for years. They already know how cast Hagelin is. There's no way they should have been surprised.

Comment

I posted this the other day but lost it.

The playoff brackets:

East
                M1 Washington Capitals vs W2 Philadelphia Flyers
                M2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs M3 New York Rangers
                A1 Florida Panthers vs W1 New York Islanders
                A2 Tampa Bay Lightening vs A3 Detroit Red Wings

West
                C1 Dallas Stars vs W2 Minnesota Wild
                C2 St Louis Blues vs C3 Chicago Blackhawks
                P1 Anaheim Bucks vs W1 Nashville Predators
                P2 Los Angeles Kings vs P3 San Jose Sharks

We've already seen Gm 1, so . . . . any predictions?

Comment

Caps over Flyers

Rangers over Penguins

Panthers over Isles

TB over Detroit

Stars over Wild

Hawks over Blues

Ducks over Preds

Kings over Sharks

Comment

^ Perhaps you did not see the Games 1.

Comment

Only saw 1... that SJ won. That's fair I think.

Comment

Only saw 1... that SJ won. That's fair I think.
                        If the Pens can play basic defense, they'll overcome the Rangers. If not . . . . see Gm 2 of that series for a hint. That series is Pittsburgh's to loose.

Comment

Had to stick with my buddy Staal.

Comment

Had to stick with my buddy Staal.
                            Pens' had better watch that crap: nobody's more valuable to his franchise than Sidney Crosby is to his. Take him out and the Pens will fold like it's laundry day. And after Lovejoy's hit on Stepan the other night, I'd say that a bounty is the way to go.

Comment

Letang ... watching a little too much Game of Thrones I think.

That is a stick... not a battle-axe .

Comment

Letang ... watching a little too much Game of Thrones I think.

That is a stick... not a battle-axe .
                                What if . . . . Kreider's goal was not called back after review? Pens looked a little schizophrenic: on Saturday they played make-believe defense -- and on Tuesday they would have made Jacques Lemaire pea green with envy. Their neutral zone trap last night was just this side of air-tight. Is Sullivan that good of a coach? I'll say this: if they maintain that kind of structure throughout this series, a one goal lead is as safe as the gold in Fort Knox.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X