• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Little Slick

That all-star game was fun... enjoyed the fake fight most of all

Everyone was smiling .
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I don't get it. I'm oh-fer-two at the Garden this season -- both overtime losses. What gives?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Face it ...

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        I don't get it. I'm oh-fer-two at the Garden this season -- both overtime losses. What gives?
        ... slick, you're just plain old bad luck for the Blueshirts. Still, while you may not like the outcome, I'm sure you still got plenty of bang for your entertainment dollar. Look at this way, you could be a Leafs fan.

You're not alone, I can watch a weekend's worth of NCAA & NFL football and be oh-fer before Tues. morning.
        "I am Groot"
        - Groot

Comment

Little Slick update: one assist, 2 SoG, and a couple of good hits in his side's first round, first game layoff win last night.

Comment

Best of luck to him and his team.

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

^ So, are the 'Canes officially in rebuilding mode now? Word is that Eric Staahl is past his prime. Is the pessimist in me confirmed in the fear that the Blueshirts Gav up too much?

Comment

He is still more than solid... nothing here around him to score.

Giving away two 2nds and a prospect will not hurt y'all much... if at all .

Canes have been rebuilding for a few years now... the defense is finally starting to show some young talent.

I am going to see them play the Islanders later this month... I will give you another scouting report then.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

^ I'll be seeing the Isles at the Garden Sunday.

Comment

Can some one explain this?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, I'm Oh-fer-three on the year. I know some one who'll leave the Bell Center with a smile, right Paul.

Comment

And the Lil Slicks went down this afternoon, 7-1. Tomorrow is do or die for the Little battlers.

At least Inter and Barca won . . . .

Comment

The Lil' Slicks didn't make it. Half of them had come down with the flu within the past week, so they were sluggish and weak. They were pale and sweating, undernourished from nausea, dehydrated. One of the flu kids tried to double shift, and when he returned to the bench, he ripped his helmet off in a panic, slumped on the floor next to the bench, and proceeded to hyperventilate. So my boys were eliminated, not by a superior team, and not for lack of guts, but by a virus.

Comment

Forgive the pun ...

The Lil' Slicks didn't make it. Half of them had come down with the flu within the past week, so they were sluggish and weak. They were pale and sweating, undernourished from nausea, dehydrated. One of the flu kids tried to double shift, and when he returned to the bench, he ripped his helmet off in a panic, slumped on the floor next to the bench, and proceeded to hyperventilate. So my boys were eliminated, not by a superior team, and not for lack of guts, but by a virus.
                            ... but sh*t happens, and if you consider kids sports as top echelon practical learning experience, losing can be a greater character builder than winning. BTW, we never stop learning, that includes Hockey Dads;-)
                            "I am Groot"
                            - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                              ... but sh*t happens, and if you consider kids sports as top echelon practical learning experience, losing can be a greater character builder than winning.
                              Character they already have: they played when they should have stayed home. And if I know my son, he'll be spending more time jumping rope, doing crunches, and skating in the street this summer: that's how bad he wants it.

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                              BTW, we never stop learning, that includes Hockey Dads;-)
                              I hate to critique my fellow hockey parents, but I do believe that they could have provided better care for their sick children. They needed to eat, light foods like clear soup and toast, and they needed more hydration. I do believe that they might have recovered more quickly if they were better nourished and hydrated.

Maybe.

I must, however, temper my criticism by noting that many of the parents were as sick as their kids. This past week has been bizarre from a medical standpoint.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X