Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2015-2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    Ha! Wait to the finals
    TSN had a half-hour hour pre game show. Do the Habs get 90 min before a playoff game?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      TSN had a half-hour hour pre game show. Do the Habs get 90 min before a playoff game?
      Not usually, the World juniors are a big holiday tradition here so it gets almost playoff TV ratings. You get TSN there? This could be the year for the US to take it, the Canadian team has some talent but are small.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
        Not usually, the World juniors are a big holiday tradition here so it gets almost playoff TV ratings. You get TSN there? This could be the year for the US to take it, the Canadian team has some talent but are small.
        NHL Network broadcasted TSN's pre-game show here. The best part about the World Juniors is that almost any team has a chance to take it in any given year: I think that the last six tourneys were won by five different countries or something like that. There's real parity in the junior ranks, and it makes for some very exciting hockey.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          NHL Network broadcasted TSN's pre-game show here. The best part about the World Juniors is that almost any team has a chance to take it in any given year: I think that the last six tourneys were won by five different countries or something like that. There's real parity in the junior ranks, and it makes for some very exciting hockey.
          Yes indeed. TSN built that series into a phenomenal sporting success here, last year "19.4 million watched some or all of the tournament on TSN and RDS (French)" with 13.4 million tuning in for the final. Not bad for 35 million people, many of whom are women who don't watch as much hockey.

          Comment


          • #35
            USA 10
            SUI 1

            Wow, Canada needed overtime to beat Switzerland yesterday, gosh.

            Comment


            • #36
              It's juniors: you know how wild the kids can be.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

              Comment


              • #37
                Fantastic time at the World Juniors, we arrived before 9AM to begin a tail gate party and next to us were some Foxborough ex-firefighters who had a pig roast. Us Maritimers, none who can speak French, seemed to have fit in well with the partiers, and played in their reindeer games, Canada vs USA. I was floored how great the experience of that stadium is and love the Boston crowd. All of us were raving about how nice and friendly everyone was. That was an experience of a lifetime. I'll post a group picture here when I get it sent to me.

                Edit - not World Juniors but Winter Classic
                Last edited by Sparlingo; 03 Jan 16, 18:47.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I see that Canada lost to Finland in a thrilling game, they are out so switching to hoping for the US at the World Juniors. USA tomorrow at 1 against Russia should be a good one.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                    I see that Canada lost to Finland in a thrilling game, they are out so switching to hoping for the US at the World Juniors. USA tomorrow at 1 against Russia should be a good one.
                    That makes two of us.

                    Sounded like tremendous fun. Of course I'm sure that the Habs winning made it complete.

                    I'll try to replicate your experience next Saturday at the Garden, when the Blueshirts face the Caps. Wish 'em luck.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                      I see that Canada lost to Finland in a thrilling game, they are out so switching to hoping for the US at the World Juniors. USA tomorrow at 1 against Russia should be a good one.
                      Worst disciplined jr canuck team I've seen in a while. I can't believe the stupid penalties they took and it seemed to always be at the worst of times.

                      I don't have enough info but I'm leaning towards Lowry being the main culprit. As coach he needed to establish discipline from the get-go by having offenders early in the tournament ride the pines for a while. I'm not sure that happened with Virtanen and it cost us.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Looks like the Hawks're due an 8th win in this streak.

                        Superb.
                        Attached Files
                        ------
                        'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

                        If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
                          I don't have enough info but I'm leaning towards Lowry being the main culprit. .
                          Sounds right to me, usually if there is a coaching problem at the World Juniors it's over-coaching - putting too many instructions into the kids head in too short a time. They need casual time to get used to each other. BUT this may have been a case of under-coaching. Still the talent wasn't there like last year, particularly Domi.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                            Sounds right to me, usually if there is a coaching problem at the World Juniors it's over-coaching - putting too many instructions into the kids head in too short a time. They need casual time to get used to each other. BUT this may have been a case of under-coaching. Still the talent wasn't there like last year, particularly Domi.
                            Not as good a team as last year true but I think still had a legitimate shot at it if they would have played smart.

                            I'd say from now on that team should only be coached by a Sutter. Brent may have been the only one to actually have coached the team but I'm willing to bet the other brothers would be more than capable as well.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              In really good news, Slick Jr, in his last two games, has tallied 4 pts: 2G, 2A. Among them a couple of game winners late. :cheer:
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Good to read that! Congrats to young slick!

                                Regards,
                                Dennis
                                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

                                Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X