No announcement yet.

2015 MLB discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the Pirates were not as flat as the Yanks... but sure were dominated by Arrieta.

Terrible that the Pirates lost (shutout) again this year in the Wild Card.

S. Rodriguez acted the fool for the Pirates... hope he broke his hand.

Cubs jerseys look funny to me with no number on the front.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

The Astros struck out 14 times tonight yet still won. Eventually the all or nothing approach they have at the plate is going to catch up to them.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        The Astros struck out 14 times tonight yet still won. Eventually the all or nothing approach they have at the plate is going to catch up to them.
        I think its going to be a battle of Texas teams for the Al Championship... Hou vs Tex.

How about those Rangers having success against David Price. Beltre got injured but is one of the toughest guys in the league...it takes a lot for Beltre to miss games.

TORONTO -- It isn’t easy to knock Adrian Beltre out of a game. This is a third baseman, after all, who plays without a protective cup and once suffered a right testicle contusion after taking a hard grounder in the groin.

So to knock him out of a postseason game, when his team has rallied from a last-place finish in 2014 and an eight-game deficit and sub-.500 record in August? That’s especially difficult, which is why a severely pained and teary-eyed Beltre had to be surrounded by teammates and the team trainer on the field before he could be convinced that he needed to leave the Texas Rangers' division series opener against the Toronto Blue Jays

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...-adrian-beltre

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          Well, the Pirates were not as flat as the Yanks... but sure were dominated by Arrieta.

Terrible that the Pirates lost (shutout) again this year in the Wild Card.

S. Rodriguez acted the fool for the Pirates... hope he broke his hand.

Cubs jerseys look funny to me with no number on the front.
          I find that Arrieta is the best pitcher in the league.

Comment

Why didn't Arrieta pitch like that when he was in Baltimore.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Madden, who was coaching Tampa at the time said- Arrieta had the great stuff even back then, but was always falling behind batters because he couldn't locate his fastball. Now he is throwing it right where he wants to.

At your service sir .

SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Ten teams left folks..if you were a betting man who would you pick to win the World Series?

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/odds/futures

Comment

I believe it will be the Royals over the Cardinals.
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I believe it will be the Royals over the Cardinals.
                    Don Denkinger making the calls at first?
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

That as some game today between the Houston and Kansas City. A fun game to watch.

Comment

The 7th inning of the Rangers - Blue Jays game was one of the wildest innings I have ever seen.
                        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Craziest damned thing I've ever seen -- and the Elvis Andrus meltdown. What was that?
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Schuks, if Texas would have won the WS this year I would have banked over 20K on a mere 50$ bet.... Oh well cant win em all, at least I did not throw beer and garbage around like the Jays fans did yesterday.

Comment

The 7th inning of the Rangers - Blue Jays game was one of the wildest innings I have ever seen.
                              It was crazy. Though I give a lot of credit to Odor. Odor had the smarts to run home on that play.

I think Odor has a bright future ahead of him, same with Delino lighting fast Deshields.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                                Craziest damned thing I've ever seen -- and the Elvis Andrus meltdown. What was that?
                                Elvis must have committed 3 errors that inning, it was brutal to watch considering how great of a series Cole Hamels had. Must have felt awful for Elvis Andrus that 7th inning. That said Andrus played fairly well throughout the year.

Goes to show that sometimes even the pros make errors.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X