Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal looses a Hockey Legend

Jean Beliveau passed away at age 83.

He was the Montreal Canadiens' team captain for 10 year and won the Stanley Cup 10 times.

Jean Beliveau was a humble but Great Man, a quiet but inspiring leader, a team player and very much a class act till the very end. They don't built them like him anymore!

Rest In Peace.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ho.../beliveau-obit

Au revoir monsieur, et merci pour les souvenirs.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Au revoir monsieur, et merci pour les souvenirs.
      Merci, mon ami!

Comment

^ Too bad he didn't don Blue.

Comment

Rest in peace!

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Well, you did have ...

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            ^ Too bad he didn't don Blue.
            ... "Beliveau Jr.", aka Jean Ratelle, for some good years, and of course there was the great Andy Bathgate ... you were talking Ranger's Blue, not Maple Leafs, right??
            "I am Groot"
            - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
              ... "Beliveau Jr.", aka Jean Ratelle, for some good years, and of course there was the great Andy Bathgate ...
              They were good, but for years and years the Rangers just couldn't put it all together to make a winner out of them. Fifty-four years, my friend: every one of them painful.

Perhaps it was a little unfair that Gravey was retired before Bathgate or Harry Howell, but he sure showed some class when he said, "Andy Bathgate is the real No 9 around here."

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
              you were talking Ranger's Blue, not Maple Leafs, right??
              Does anybody talk about the Leafs anymore?
              Last edited by slick_miester; 03 Dec 14, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                Jean Beliveau passed away at age 83.

He was the Montreal Canadiens' team captain for 10 year and won the Stanley Cup 10 times.

Jean Beliveau was a humble but Great Man, a quiet but inspiring leader, a team player and very much a class act till the very end. They don't built them like him anymore!

Rest In Peace.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ho.../beliveau-obit
                He would come out and play street hockey with us while his wife seethed..Some of my fondest memories, would never decline an autograph...on King Edward Street and Fielding Blvd.....Soooooo long ago...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X