Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Ruin A Career...

What a maroon...

Steelers Player Gets Cut After Leaving The Field, Trying To Get On The Bus Before Game Was Over

Pittsburgh Steelers player LeGarrette Blount left the field and attempted to exit the stadium before Monday night's game, a 27-24 win against the Tennessee Titans, was over, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

He was released on Tuesday, the team announced.

He dressed and left the locker room, apparently headed for the team bus that would take them to the airport. At least one player thought they should leave him in Nashville.

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/angry-...171710151.html

If one is upset over how he is being utilized in game there are better ways to show it than this. Geez, where do these guys come from?

I guess his ...

... sucker-punching-a-victorious-opponent-on-the-field-after-a loss days ended with his turning Pro then. That's quite the transformation, either way though, it's cost Blount a job; still, he does win the moron of the day award!

Originally posted by Martok View Post
    What a maroon...

Steelers Player Gets Cut After Leaving The Field, Trying To Get On The Bus Before Game Was Over

Pittsburgh Steelers player LeGarrette Blount left the field and attempted to exit the stadium before Monday night's game, a 27-24 win against the Tennessee Titans, was over, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

He was released on Tuesday, the team announced.

He dressed and left the locker room, apparently headed for the team bus that would take them to the airport. At least one player thought they should leave him in Nashville.

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/angry-...171710151.html

If one is upset over how he is being utilized in game there are better ways to show it than this. Geez, where do these guys come from?
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

Comment

Four teams in 5 years......that should have rang some alarm bells. Local reports say that even before Blount was released his TEAMMATES were asking Mr. Tomlin and Rooney to dump him because of his attitude!

Looks like my boys got one right........better late than never!

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

What would Rocky Bleier say?

Comment

I don't recall the NFL ever having more player scandals than the last few years.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

It happens everywhere, some sports players have their last remaining brain cell removed and then think that because they earn more than the average guy earns in a year, in a week that gives them the right to do as they please.
            Over the years in English football there have been many similar scandals.
            The latest is about a Sheffield United player that has just finished a jail sentence for rape, he is back training with the squad.
            http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30023695

I have no sympathy for this guy and do not believe he should be back in training.
            Normal rules of employment should apply to him, if someone applied for a job in a different capacity, steward, cleaner etc etc, they would probably be turned down because of there conviction, the crime isn't even spent, google downy crimes uk for an explanation, and he has not even apologised for his heinous crime.
            Rapist are scum and this guy needs to do more penance before even being considered to ran a toilet let alone play football.

I used to have a job minding a few premiership football players, I had to try and keep them out of trouble, fights, drunkenness etc etc and it was hard work.
            Some of them thought that fame and money gave them the right to do as they please.
            Luckily the guys I worked with took on board what I said when I agreed to the jobs.
            Unfortunately one of the players had a family that were a nightmare to work with and I cancelled my contract to one player by dumping his drunk uncle and abusive mother on the streets of London at 3am because I had had enough of there abuse and unbecoming g behaviour, I also lost the £11,000 that the player owed me for his months bill. But it was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy is from my hometown. He did a few stupid things here too.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
                It happens everywhere, some sports players have their last remaining brain cell removed and then think that because they earn more than the average guy earns in a year, in a week that gives them the right to do as they please.
                Good point. I guess some of these guys believe their status as professional athletes places them above both law and regulation.

I hate to see the NFL as an entity tarnished in such fashion. Hopefully they will let the guy fade into obscurity and be done with it.

Comment

Signed by Patriots. What would Steve Grogan or Sam "The Bam" Cunningham say?

Comment

I bet steroids were involved.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                      ... sucker-punching-a-victorious-opponent-on-the-field-after-a loss days ended with his turning Pro then. That's quite the transformation, either way though, it's cost Blount a job; still, he does win the moron of the day award!

Blount did act like an idiot but he was not the only bad guy in this incident.
                      There was already bad blood between the two schools from a game they had played the year before when Boise State were inflicting dirty hits on the Oregon players all game long one of which gave the Oregon quarterback a concussion. There is also the Boise State player who ran up to Blount and started yelling in his face.

Boise State started the fire and Blount poured gasoline on the situation.
                      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I know, ...

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                        Blount did act like an idiot but he was not the only bad guy in this incident.
                        There was already bad blood between the two schools from a game they had played the year before when Boise State were inflicting dirty hits on the Oregon players all game long one of which gave the Oregon quarterback a concussion. There is also the Boise State player who ran up to Blount and started yelling in his face.

Boise State started the fire and Blount poured gasoline on the situation.
                        ... I watched the actual game. It was an evening game, the first game of the season for both teams, it was another of those SUPPOSED to be Oregon's year to make it to the BCS National Championship game, and win. I like Oregon, they're entertaining to watch, but their offence was stifled in this game and they lost. I caught the Blount punch, watched the Boise State lineman's lights go dim as he went down like a bag of cement. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, because I thought it was hilarious!

Hard to believe he played today for the Pats, gaining 29 yards on 4 carries, and a TD.
                        "I am Groot"
                        - Groot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X