Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Post Season 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
    I thought the Royals should have tried to send Gordon home since it is so tough to hit off Bumgarner.
    The Giants shortstop Crawford had gotten the ball just as Gordon was rounding third. He would have been out by 20 feet. If it had been Cain, Dyson or Gore the game would have been tied.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
      The Giants shortstop Crawford had gotten the ball just as Gordon was rounding third. He would have been out by 20 feet. If it had been Cain, Dyson or Gore the game would have been tied.
      I agree you're correct, but trying to score in that situation may have been easier than trying to get a hit off Bumgarner with Perez. I thought at most Bumgarner would pitch 3 innings tonight.

      Comment


      • #33
        Gordon might have made it if he had been running hard from the start... he wasn't. He also took a look into the outfield.

        Perez might have walked if he had taken a pitch or two .

        Hats off to the Giants .
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
          I agree you're correct, but trying to score in that situation may have been easier than trying to get a hit off Bumgarner with Perez. I thought at most Bumgarner would pitch 3 innings tonight.

          What an incredible performance by Bumgarner in the world series. Quite possibly the greatest performance of any pitcher in the history of the World Series. Going 3-0 and finishing off the series the way Bumgarner did puts Bumgarner among the top performers of MLB postseason history.

          Bumgarner should get one of those 200 million dollar contracts that some MLB players have received. Luckily for San fran fans, the Giants were able to sign Bumgarner to a cheap(35 mill ) long term deal in 2012

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by dgfred View Post
            Gordon might have made it if he had been running hard from the start... he wasn't. He also took a look into the outfield.

            Perez might have walked if he had taken a pitch or two .

            Hats off to the Giants .
            Bumgarner had Perez swinging at pitches above his head. I think it would have been tough for Gordon to make it home..

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
              What an incredible performance by Bumgarner in the world series. Quite possibly the greatest performance of any pitcher in the history of the World Series. Going 3-0 and finishing off the series the way Bumgarner did puts Bumgarner among the top performers of MLB postseason history.

              Bumgarner should get one of those 200 million dollar contracts that some MLB players have received. Luckily for San fran fans, the Giants were able to sign Bumgarner to a cheap(35 mill ) long term deal in 2012
              Since the World Series has ended they have given Affeldt the win and Bumgarner the save.

              IMO the greatest pitching performance in World Series history was Christy Matthewson in the 1905. He pitched three complete game shutouts against the A's.
              “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
              ― Groucho Marx

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                What an incredible performance by Bumgarner in the world series. Quite possibly the greatest performance of any pitcher in the history of the World Series. Going 3-0 and finishing off the series the way Bumgarner did puts Bumgarner among the top performers of MLB postseason history.

                Bumgarner should get one of those 200 million dollar contracts that some MLB players have received. Luckily for San fran fans, the Giants were able to sign Bumgarner to a cheap(35 mill ) long term deal in 2012

                Bumgarner is now the Top Dog as far as pitchers go in the MLB. Too bad he signed that long term deal after the 2012 World Series win. He's a good ol' country boy that did not have a clue about contracts. His agent wasn't looking out for his best interest, he only wanted his commission cut. He asked Aubrey Huff if he should sign that contract and even Huffy said NO.
                The Giants organization should re-do his contract and make sure he is paid accordingly. In 2012, when he signed, he was making only $500K a season. This season, he made just under $4M. IMO, he is worth a 9 figure long term deal.

                I loved it when he bought his wife a baby cow for her wedding present.

                I remember when Bumgarner and Puig almost got down and dirty after Bumgarner hit Puig with a pitch. Dodgers fans would like to think that Puig would have won the fight, but truth is...he saved his own azz by not charging the mound, even after Bumgarner openly challenged him to come get some.
                Puig ain't that dumb.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                  If it had been Cain, Dyson or Gore the game would have been tied.

                  True...but they weren't, thank goodness.

                  I was really worried that Bochy would call on Casilla in the 9th to close. A true closer is what the Giants have to get in the off-season.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                  "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    MB dropped a word for him tho... saying they had one of the best closers in the game to come in . Said he was fine tho... cool dude.
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                      MB dropped a word for him tho... saying they had one of the best closers in the game to come in . Said he was fine tho... cool dude.

                      Yeah, MadBum is a very down to earth guy. The city had a parade for the players, they were all in double-deck buses and motorized cable cars. MadBum wanted to ride his horse...they wouldn't let him.


                      BTW...MLB named MadBum baseball's top hitting pitcher for the 2014 season and is one of the winners of the Silver Slugger Awards.
                      MadBum hit .258 with 2 home runs and 2 grand slams in 66 at-bats, was joined by Buster Posey, Andrew McCutchen and Giancarlo Stanton for the NL.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                      "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        His High School team beat my High School team (about 30+ years ago) for the State Finals in baseball. We was robbed I tell ya.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X