For The First Time Ever I Agree With Keith Olbermann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Two words for Olbermann and all the other pathological Yankee haters out there. Why don't you just guess what they are.
    For the record, I don't hate the Yankees or Jeter, I'm just not a Yankees's fan. Jeter is certainly a hall of fame caliber player if for no other reason than how he conducted himself for twenty years in the game. My only point of agreement with Olberman is I think they the retirement celebrations are a bit overblown.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      I'm no Yankees fan but I do admire Jeter's amazing career of coming through in the clutch. To me, he is Mr Clutch.
      He is also an amazing defensive shortstop. Players that only have great defense, rarely get credit.

Last night's game was just amazing. I got a bit teary eyed watching it unfold. Jeter is not THE greatest player, but he is one of the greatest. Just my personal opinion.
      I put Jeter's fielding at shortstop as being just a little better than Shaquille O'Neal's free throw throw shooting. He was average at best.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        I put Jeter's fielding at shortstop as being just a little better than Shaquille O'Neal's free throw throw shooting. He was average at best.

Five Gold Glove awards...not bad for an 'average' shortstop, huh?
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

He was better before he separated his shoulder in Toronto in Apr '03. After that his throws lost some of their zing.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

God I feel old part 3.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryne_Duren

For us metalheads, his nephew is Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P.
              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's a surprising concentration of the . . . . intellectually-challenged participating in this thread. I can only wonder what's causing it . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  There's a surprising concentration of the . . . . intellectually-challenged participating in this thread. I can only wonder what's causing it . . . .
                  You mean "Yankee Fans"?

Rimshot!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    Five Gold Glove awards...not bad for an 'average' shortstop, huh?
                    Rafael Palmeiro won a Gold Glove in 1999 and he only played 28 games at first base. Cal Ripken Jr. committed only 3 errors in 1990 and didn't win the Gold Glove. The fact that Jeter has five Gold Gloves and Ripken's only has two gold gloves shows that the award is more about reputation than who actually deserved it.
                    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I salute Derek Jeter. I salute my fellow New Englanders who showed him the respect he deserves this weekend at Fenway. Link to info about today's game, with some video footage.

http://nesn.com/2014/09/derek-jeters...t-fenway-park/

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                        I salute Derek Jeter. I salute my fellow New Englanders who showed him the respect he deserves this weekend at Fenway. Link to info about today's game, with some video footage.

http://nesn.com/2014/09/derek-jeters...t-fenway-park/
                        Favorite Fenway moment (at least in my memory): 12 Sep 1979 - although he didn't pitch very well (giving up Yaz's 3,000th hit, which I did not remember ) the Fenway crowd gave Jim "Catfish" Hunter an extended standing ovation in the Hall of Famer's last career start. Back then the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry was white hot, but the Boston fans showed a ton of class, and that moment remains with me still.

Comment

Jeter is not the greatest Yankee, not even close.
                          That being said when compared to Keith Olberman........
                          “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
                          T. R.
                          Last edited by Urban hermit; 28 Sep 14, 22:56.
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X