Goodell out of hiding!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodell out of hiding!

I found his speech today utterly disappointing. So did some current and former players. Here are some funny Tweets...

Sidney Rice Boo this man...
    12:30 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Darius Butler This press conference is pointless
    12:39 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Myles White This dude is up here telling lies.. It's unbelievable.
    12:56 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Sidney Rice I know some people that got it wrong and don't have a job anymore. Does this mean it's ok to get it wrong? You gain 0 yards on an inc pass!
    12:42 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Torrey Smith What Roger just said is the exact same thing that players say when they make a mistake and plead their case
    12:34 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Troy Aikman Can only imagine how upset Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints must be watching Commissioner's press conference
    12:46 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    J.Jenkz I Thought it was a no tolerance policy in #NFL
    12:48 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Terrell Thomas Goodell can say I'm sorry I messed up... Player's have go through due process... Hmmmmm
    12:41 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    Chris Kluwe Well that press conference was a big ol steaming pile of "Don't blame me, we're changing things."
    1:02 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    THEN...suddenly it all stops after this one...

Matt Overton It will be interesting to see if any players get fined for tweets bashing the commish
    1:12 PM - 19 Sep 2014
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Some related "political" cartoons of the past week;
    http://personalliberty.com/roundup-w...l-cartoons-12/
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Here are the 4 women he selected to join his 'social responsibility' committee.

Anna Isaacson, the NFL's vice president of community affairs and philanthropy, will now be in an expanded role as vice president of social responsibility.

Lisa Friel was the head of the Sex Crimes Prosecution Unit in the New York County District Attorney's Office for more than a decade, where she investigated and prosecuted cases of sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic violence, human trafficking, and other similar forms of misconduct.

Jane Randel is the co-founder of NO MORE, a national initiative to raise the profile of and normalize the conversation about domestic violence and sexual assault.

Rita Smith is the former executive director of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I did not trust him when he was first appointed. He has totally just shown what he's made of.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am not happy with Goodell hiring the law firm WilmerHale to investigate the Ray Rice incident. Of course their findings will show no one in the NFL saw the 2nd video. He claims he is hiring former FBI director Robert Mueller to conduct the instigation, but he is a partner in WilmerHale. WilmerHale is cozy with the NFL. It doesn’t take a genius to see a conflict of interest there. Goodell insisted several times that Mueller’s integrity is solid, but not the law firm. As if that makes everything OK. He must think women aren't smart enough to see what he is up to.

I would like to see Goodell made an example of here, start at the top. The owners must do the right thing and fire him.

Comment

Hi P. I think its the fans that have to do the right thing. Stop buying tickets and watching the games. Hit the owners where it hurts. The wallet.

There's no valid excuse that gets Vick or any of the others that hurt both people and animals off the hook. I don't understand how these people get away with this either. Bribes? 'Family' influence??? But I see pro sports as a mob money maker anyway.

Just my two cents...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Conflict of interest is screaming all over it. Too bad Goodell and the NFL think the public is a bunch of bloomin' idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Hi P. I think its the fans that have to do the right thing. Stop buying tickets and watching the games. Hit the owners where it hurts. The wallet.
                However, that will happen when!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

The NFL losing female fans won't make much of a dent in the pocketbook. Until men boycott football, it won't matter.

Comment

It happened in baseball...

Comment

There are several feminist groups who are planning rallies every weekend of the season calling for his firing. There was a group out at the new LEVI'S stadium last week.

Here's a banner flown at MetLife Stadium last weekend.

He said that he knew Ray Rice knocked her out in the elevator and chose to suspend him for 2 games, after seeing the 2nd video showing the deed, he suspends him indefinitely. Hmmmm….

Comment

He sorta acts like he don't care, and to me he looks to be condoning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

There's no valid excuse that gets Vick or any of the others that hurt both people and animals off the hook.
                          You are partly correct, but it isn't the ticket buyers who need to quit spending, it is the folks who buy the commercial time for big $ that sets up the huge TV deals that need to quit spending. That is where their wallet really is.

I don't like Vick, but he paid his dues as per the justice system and was reinstated. He didn't get a free pass.

Regards,
                          Dennis
                          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                            You are partly correct, but it isn't the ticket buyers who need to quit spending, it is the folks who buy the commercial time for big $ that sets up the huge TV deals that need to quit spending. That is where their wallet really is.

I don't like Vick, but he paid his dues as per the justice system and was reinstated. He didn't get a free pass.

Regards,
                            Dennis
                            Spot on with the first part of your post, absolutely correct.
                            As for Vick, if a couple of years at "Club Fed" is considered a free pass, I would rather not want a free pass.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X