Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ray McDonald playing despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the more reason to go play in nature than pay per view. Let's bankrupt them this year. Go to the beach, go to the pub, just don't go to the stadium...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      Not only are they reinstating them, they will be allowed to play this weekend.

They rethought it overnight.

Vikings ban Adrian Peterson until case resolves

Boston Globe - ‎5 minutes ago (9/17)

Apparently this Peterson character goes around from baby mama to baby mama beating up their little children.

The above headline is the solution, IMO, and I hope they stick with it consistently. NFL players do violence crimes, just ban them instantly until the case is resolved. If they "didn't do nuffin" they can come back and play. If they are convicted, I think they should be totally out, but the disgusting case of Michael Vick shows there is nothing too low for the NFL to condone.

Well, these are creepazoids. I don't need to be spending my time watching criminals. The whole situation is immoral, from fraudulently using colleges to be the NFL farm teams to covering up and condoning truly gross criminals and crimes. It's all lies and abuse and I don't have to be a part of that anymore. #BoycottNFL

Comment

There you go. Cut the cash and you'll see them change real fast.

Myself I can't justify the amount of money these clowns make, nor the amount of money the fans pay...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The news just put on a headline that 12 NFL players have had arrests for domestic violence!

Time for another Tweet on #BoycottNFL, I decided. I wasn't the first with the complaint about this, somebody else beat me to it.

And another said earlier that 84 NFL players have had domestic violence arrests since 2000.

Okay, I begin to see why they didn't want to ban these guys. Because it's going to decimate the NFL, Roman-style, every tenth guy out.

Good. Get rid of them all, immediately. Get smarter players people can cheer for in good conscience. I can't cheer for a bunch of cruel animals who like to beat up women and toddlers!!

I had no idea the situation was this bad. Nobody did. I guess I should have realized they were playing with plain criminals after the Michael Vick thing.

This is going to tear up Fantasy Football, too, and that became commercialized and has big money in it also. The ad industry depends on the NFL, the TV industry depends on NFL, billions are involved, and they throw it all away by playing stone criminals. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Myself I can't justify the amount of money these clowns make, nor the amount of money the fans pay...
            I can't either. and the sickness extends downward through college ball into high schools.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The latter is what justifies the former, 'Bwa.

The revenue; and from all sources, to the teams dictates the pay players receive in large degrees.

Each team is allocated to spend $133M on salaries, combined and tops at present.
              Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

No excuses at all but some points.

Another factor to consider is how these men have been treated their entire life since PeeWee Football.

They do what they want, act like they want... and get by in school and outside because of their talents. Not all, but some.

You have guys that have been given everything... being told off/fussed at/scolded/ etc by a woman. Probably not used to that at all.

Plus I do not see how such a violent sport would not make 'some' people more violent in everyday life. You are taught (and people respond to) to smash, break, run-over, etc your opponent... many fans enjoy the violence as much as anything else.

The money is not so much a factor if you consider that the average NFL career is 3 or 4 years.

The money is with the NFL and the Owners.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  No excuses at all but some points.

Another factor to consider is how these men have been treated their entire life since PeeWee Football.

They do what they want, act like they want... and get by in school and outside because of their talents. Not all, but some.

You have guys that have been given everything... being told off/fussed at/scolded/ etc by a woman. Probably not used to that at all.

Plus I do not see how such a violent sport would not make 'some' people more violent in everyday life. You are taught (and people respond to) to smash, break, run-over, etc your opponent... many fans enjoy the violence as much as anything else.

The money is not so much a factor if you consider that the average NFL career is 3 or 4 years.

The money is with the NFL and the Owners.
                  You're putting the cart before the horse on the violence, IMO. Football doesn't make people violent; violent people thrive in certain positions in football. I'm not saying that makes them bad, but there is a certain personality type that is needed to inflict harm on others. In addition, to make the cut to the NFL you need a powerful personal drive. I expect we all know talented athletes who could have made pro if they ad just applied themselves more.

You're spot on about the money. The players are just a commodity; the real money is made off the field.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Did you play football in HS?
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                      Did you play football in HS?
                      Yeah. Not all that great at it. Even if I had the drive, I didn't have the skill to go all that far. I was better at basketball, but again not great.

I didn't go out for a team in college-no point in that. The guys riding the pine were better than I ever was.

Comment

Yep, do a internet search on what Budweiser did. THAT is why Peterson has been re-suspended overnight.
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          Yep, do a internet search on what Budweiser did. THAT is why Peterson has been re-suspended overnight.
                          Whoa. Thank you, Persephone.

Budweiser Pushes Back at the NFL

Wall Street Journal (blog)-3 hours ago

AB InBev, whose Budweiser brand is about as American as football itself, said it was “not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors ...

Comment

Wow...another player is in trouble for assaulting a child. The NFL have some housecleaning to do.

Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer has been arrested on assault charges, including aggravated assault and preventing someone from calling 911, it was revealed Wednesday evening.

Dwyer was being booked into the Maricopa County Jail on Wednesday on one count of aggravated assault causing a fracture, one count of aggravated assault involving a minor, two counts of criminal damage, one count of preventing the use of a phone in an emergency, and assault, police said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/nfl...ssault-n205781
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                              Good. Get rid of them all, immediately. Get smarter players people can cheer for in good conscience. I can't cheer for a bunch of cruel animals who like to beat up women and toddlers!!
                              Too bad the league couldn't handle Tim Tebow...I mean that guy actually prayed and praised God and conducted himself as a gentleman and did first hand charity work for children.

Wouldn't want any of that in the NFL right now! Might make the thugs look bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                                Too bad the league couldn't handle Tim Tebow...I mean that guy actually prayed and praised God and conducted himself as a gentleman and did first hand charity work for children.

Wouldn't want any of that in the NFL right now! Might make the thugs look bad...
                                Yeah, these days the NFL looks more like the waiting room at the parole office on the first of the month than anything else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X