Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ray McDonald playing despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up on pro sports a decade ago. Waste of time and money. I'd rather go fishing...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I gave up on pro sports a decade ago. Waste of time and money. I'd rather go fishing...
      I watched pro football forever, not college ball but pro ball, because I like it to have some blood in it --- that is, to really be important to the players.

But not blood off the field too!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        How many felons playing pro golf these days?
        Since when is golf a sport?
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Ok, how many pro golfers have been charged with a felony this year?
          is that a/the bait?

I think you know what I am saying and actually agree.

G.Hardy, McDonald, A.Peterson have not been convicted of a felony either.
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
            is that a/the bait?

Greg Hardy was definitely convicted, in July.

He threw his girlfriend all over the apartment, including into a tub and onto a bed full of assault rifles. Which he said were loaded, to scare her more.

And many other things, in a long beating his administrative assistant apparently helped him with, and that guy needs to go to jail, too.

She was covered all over with cuts and bruises. He was convicted enthusiastically. And now he's appealing. So they used that as an excuse to let him play, till there was too much heat.

NFL stinks.

I don't care if they are convicted. If they are plausibly accused, charged, whatever, OUT!

Out, out, out, out, out, and no way back in by leaning on the woman or child to "condone" it.

NFL would get smarter, better players and avoid this bad publicity if they cleaned this up.
            Last edited by Phebe; 16 Sep 14, 13:28.

Comment

is that a/the bait?
              No, its question you're dodging.

What you are saying is incorrect. I disagree.

That wasn't the question.

They were charged. my question was:

Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 16 Sep 14, 13:21.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                NFL would get smarter, better players and avoid this bad publicity if they cleaned this up.
                NFL players are not hired by the NFL, they work for and are hired by the individual teams.
                Team owners are in the business of making money and winning, they choose and hire the players that they think can do that for them and ultimately decide who plays and who doesn't and if some of them have the attitude, "if he is not in jail he plays" that is their decision to make, no one else's.
                You seem to be under the impression the Teams work for the NFL, no, its the other way around.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  NFL players are not hired by the NFL, they work for and are hired by the individual teams.
                  Team owners are in the business of making money and winning, they choose and hire the players that they think can do that for them and ultimately decide who plays and who doesn't and if some of them have the attitude, "if he is not in jail he plays" that is their decision to make, no one else's.
                  You seem to be under the impression the Teams work for the NFL, no, its the other way around.
                  Very true.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

No, its question you're dodging.

What you are saying is incorrect. I disagree.

That wasn't the question.

They were charged. my question was:

You disagree but not incorrect. A rougher sport will usually have more problems with violence related issues.
                    Much like comparing flower salesmen and policemen IMO.

My answer: I couldn't care less how many golfers were charged.

Everyone and anyone can be charged with something.

Comment

You disagree but not incorrect. A rougher sport will usually have more problems with violence related issues.
                      Much like comparing flower salesmen and policemen IMO.
                      Absolute nonsense, as I've already posted. Domestic violence is not a 'violence issue', whatever that is, but rather is a issue outcome stemming from a dysfunctional relationship involving a specific personality type. There is no correlation between race, creed, color, economic level, or occupation and domestic violence.

My answer: I couldn't care less how many golfers were charged.

Everyone and anyone can be charged with something.
                      Speak for yourself on the latter issue.

Your theory has been debunked.

Comment

debunked?
                        Haha. OK, no need to be such a jerk all the time.

Comment

debunked?
                          Haha. OK, no need to be such a jerk all the time.
                          Need? No.

But its an option I heartily embrace.

Too many years of writing narratives. You must learn to accept the gift of wisdom you're being given despite the lack of warm I the delivery system.

Comment

Haha.

I don't mind the narratives... but the lack of wisdom is troubling in most instances.

I have noticed the 'embrace' tho.

Best regards, Greg

Comment

my question was:

I think I recall reading about a pro golfer molesting children. He wasn't a very good pro golfer and not well known.
                              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                                I've decided to give up watching pro football, at least for this season.

They keep reinstating them, immediately.

It's not fun for me to watch criminals this bad.

I think they could stop this by a total no-tolerance rule, you get arrested or charged or convicted plausibly for crime and abuse, you are out right then, no matter how good your stats. That WOULD stop it and they'd soon get teams with more intelligent players, too. They showed texts by Adrian Peterson in the news I read and it is clear he is functionally illiterate --- who knew?

There are 320 million people in the United States. Surely they could find players smart enough not to do domestic violence crimes.

Not only are they reinstating them, they will be allowed to play this weekend.
                                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X