Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ray McDonald playing despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Ray McDonald playing despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend?

I'm watching 49ers and Bears Sunday night 9/14, and am amazed the 49ers are letting Ray McDonald No. 91 play despite his beating up his pregnant girlfriend at a birthday party she held for him, attended by other 49ers. The police were called and McDonald got free on $25,000 bond and has apparently not yet been charged (this was in late August) pending investigation, whatever that means.

I don't understand how they let him out on bond if he really wasn't charged: I thought they have to charge you or let you go.

I don't understand why the 49ers are letting this monster play when Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, and Ray Rice have all been deactivated. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've decided to start rooting for the Bears. Well, anyone but San Francisco.

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
    I'm watching 49ers and Bears Sunday night 9/14, and am amazed the 49ers are letting Ray McDonald No. 91 play...
    The 49ers want to win. As long as they think McDonald can help them win and they can play him without suffering harsh repercussions, they will.

Comment

I'm watching 49ers and Bears Sunday night 9/14, and am amazed the 49ers are letting Ray McDonald No. 91 play despite his beating up his pregnant girlfriend at a birthday party she held for him, attended by other 49ers. The police were called and McDonald got free on $25,000 bond and has apparently not yet been charged (this was in late August) pending investigation, whatever that means.

I don't understand how they let him out on bond if he really wasn't charged: I thought they have to charge you or let you go.

I don't understand why the 49ers are letting this monster play when Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, and Ray Rice have all been deactivated. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've decided to start rooting for the Bears. Well, anyone but San Francisco.
      He was charged when arrested. The media is referring to an indictment (terms vary from state to state). The criminal case has not reached a Grand Jury yet. Or he is from a state which requires a hearing before the State will assumes charges if the victim will not press charges.

I expect there will be investigative issues cropping up until the season is over....

Comment

In most cases the thing to do is wait until the courts make their ruling.

The problem is cases like Greg Hardy where he has been convicted... but is appealing.

Anyway... pull for the Bears regardless .
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

It may be time for me to give up watching football.

I don't want to watch gross criminals play a game; I want them behind bars.

Comment

http://news.sky.com/story/1317716/pe...effield-return

In the UK being a convicted rapist doesn't harm your football career. Heard on the radio that Sheffield Utd even want to use him as a role model example on their outreach visits to local schools.

Mind your things a bit strange in Sheffield.
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

So not being a wife beating rapist is all that held me back from not being an super sports star with million dollar contacts?

Damn.

They really should have taught me that in high school. I'd be on a Gillette ad right now if they had.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Most likely you could pick a sport out of a hat and find some 'gross criminals' that do/have played it. Of course you could do that when any segment of society also.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                  So not being a wife beating rapist is all that held me back from not being an super sports star with million dollar contacts?

Damn.

They really should have taught me that in high school. I'd be on a Gillette ad right now if they had.
                  That and no talent ... just kidding .

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    Most likely you could pick a sport out of a hat and find some 'gross criminals' that do/have played it. Of course you could do that when any segment of society also.
                    How many felons playing pro golf these days?

Comment

I've decided to give up watching pro football, at least for this season.

They keep reinstating them, immediately.

It's not fun for me to watch criminals this bad.

I think they could stop this by a total no-tolerance rule, you get arrested or charged or convicted plausibly for crime and abuse, you are out right then, no matter how good your stats. That WOULD stop it and they'd soon get teams with more intelligent players, too. They showed texts by Adrian Peterson in the news I read and it is clear he is functionally illiterate --- who knew?

There are 320 million people in the United States. Surely they could find players smart enough not to do domestic violence crimes.

Comment

Well stay away from C-Span...

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          How many felons playing pro golf these days?
                          Besides gambling, cheating on spouses, other crimes??? Do those 'gross' things count?

Surely you are not suggesting golfers have never done anything illegal or immoral? Would you guess that Rugby players or Curling players would have more tendency for violent offenses?

Once again... you are not a felon if you have not been convicted.

Comment

So I went on Twitter for the first time in two years to support #BoycottNFL. I never did a hashtag search and participation before! Terrifying.

I said I was a longtime fan but was now boycotting NFL because I don't want to see criminal monsters playing a game.

They had photos and I thought NFL had co-opted the site with propaganda photos, a girl with the label "Get Your Game Face On!" Then I looked more closely........

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                              Besides gambling, cheating on spouses, other crimes??? Do those 'gross' things count?

Surely you are not suggesting golfers have never done anything illegal or immoral? Would you guess that Rugby players or Curling players would have more tendency for violent offenses?

Once again... you are not a felon if you have not been convicted.
                              Ok, how many pro golfers have been charged with a felony this year?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X