NCAA Reprimands UConn Women's Basketball Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Reprimands UConn Women's Basketball Team

A Big East rival of the UConn's women's basketball notified the NCAA that coach Geno Auriemma had a phone conversation with Mo'ne Davis congratulating her on her success. Not surprising the NCAA has reprimanded UConn for their horrible actions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-ri...215311852.html
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Like Mike & Mike, I want the gutless pinhead who called in the complaint to step up and show us just what kind of man or woman he or she is! What petty crap.

Of course, petty crap is the only kind the NCAA can handle! Real issues, not so much!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Back in the early 70's when Jerry Tarkanian was coach at Long Beach State his team made it the West Regional Finals twice and both times they gave UCLA a real fight before losing. It wasn't long after that the NCAA start investigating Long Beach State because a coach had notified the NCAA that they had committed some infractions. Many people believe that it was John Wooden himself who notified the NCAA because he feared that Long Beach State was going to overtake UCLA as the powerhouse basketball program in the West.

Jerry Tarkanian did say that his kids were being investigated for riding bikes yet the kids at UCLA were driving around in cars and the NCAA was doing nothing.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

The NCAA is well known to go after the low hanging fruit and turning a blind eye to the well heeled, hard to reach subjects.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I cant remember exactly but someone got dinged this past year for letting Manning talk to a recruit. Who happened to be talking to the coach at the time.

Comment

The only way that the NCAA will ever change is when the student-athletes refuse to play until things change. The coaches aren't going to do anything in fact their in on the racket.
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
              The only way that the NCAA will ever change is when the student-athletes refuse to play until things change. The coaches aren't going to do anything in fact their in on the racket.
              The NCAA is just like many other organizations, for example the EPA, they started out as a good, needed and useful thing and then mission creep set in and grew in to a large bloated bureaucracy with tentacles reaching in to all facets of college athletics in order to justify their existence and to stay relevant!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X