Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Zealand Basketball team performs ancient warcry before facing off against the USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand Basketball team performs ancient warcry before facing off against the USA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haka

The dance did not help NZ, they lost by almost 30 points. GG for the dance tho I guess.

Maybe if New Zealand would have practiced more basketball and less war cry they may have had a better shot at winning.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Doubtful. I'm surprised that it was under a 30-point margin.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

They should get some Brothas on that team.

Not only will they win more games, but they'll probably dance better, too.

Rimshot
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Err Slick ? Wouldn't you be the first to jump down someone's throat if they took the p*ss out of, "The Star-spangled Banner ?" I know that someone who laughed at, 'Flower of Scotland,' wouldn't leave the stadium alive.

The Haka is New Zealand's equivalent of a National Anthem.
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
            Err Slick ? Wouldn't you be the first to jump down someone's throat if they took the p*ss out of, "The Star-spangled Banner ?" I know that someone who laughed at, 'Flower of Scotland,' wouldn't leave the stadium alive.

Actually, the national anthem is 'God Defend New Zealand' and 'God save the Queen' on equal footing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Actually, the national anthem is 'God Defend New Zealand' and 'God save the Queen' on equal footing.
              True, but on ceremonial occasions (like international sporting matches) it takes the place of the National Anthem played by other countries. Western Samoa do much the same thing.
              Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

True, but on ceremonial occasions (like international sporting matches) it takes the place of the National Anthem played by other countries. Western Samoa do much the same thing.
                What, scream like a pig being slaughtered?

Like what has already been said: more team drills.

Comment

If you'd said that in Aukland, they'd never find your body. Check out the New Zealand All Blacks - one of the superpowers of world Rugby.

Different countries have different customs, and facing a Haka isn't funny.
                  Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Err Slick ? Wouldn't you be the first to jump down someone's throat if they took the p*ss out of, "The Star-spangled Banner ?"
                    No. If the quip in question was witty as opposed to facile I might be the first to laugh.

I know that someone who laughed at, 'Flower of Scotland,' wouldn't leave the stadium alive.

Down boy, down! It was only a joke. Don't let your kilt get too tight or anything.

If you'd said that in Aukland, they'd never find your body. Check out the New Zealand All Blacks - one of the superpowers of world Rugby.
                    The first time I heard New Zealand's national football side called "the All-Whites," I was damn near shocked. I had to think about it for a minute or two before I realized that it a was reference to their uniforms, and not the skins wearing them.

It is when they loose by thirty points.
                    Last edited by slick_miester; 03 Sep 14, 13:31.

Comment

Rugby?

Apparently it is-what was the final score again?

Apparently squealing like a pig was appropriate before the start of that game.

Comment

Of course, you could always do it like this:

Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Of course, you could always do it like this:

So . . . . what did the Kiwis do after that?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X