ACG Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    Since there are extra positions at QB and Defense... my friend Patrick suggested each of us drafting our favorite team's QB first, Defense second and any other player off your team with the first 3 picks.

I like it... but don't know about hellboy's favorite team or if y'all would be ok with that. I am sure we can talk more and maybe trade those players if the draft doesn't work it out that way.

Let's have some fun.
    All 3 from each participants favorite team? What if you don't want one or more of them? I am not in full agreement with the plan, but I can go along with it if the majority agrees.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

• Yeah... just an idea.

For instance:

Dennis- Big Ben/ Steelers D/ A.Brown (or L.Bell) are first 3 picks for you. After that you pick who you want... even more Steelers. Or none .

Greg- Tannehill/ Dolphins D/ L.Miller for example.

Maggie- C.Kapernick/ 49ers D/ C.Hyde for example.

Patrick- C.Newton/ Panthers D/ J.Stewart (or G.Olsen) for example.

Nikki- T.Romo/ Cowboys D/ D.Bryant for example.

hellboy- ???

You can always just pick them up when you want them in a normal draft too. Just a fun thing to try... stats are going to be screwy anyway with 2 QBs and 2 Defenses.

No telling what final scores will be .
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Sorry, I didn't know we were naming fave teams for a purpose! I would say Seattle or Indianapolis would be my two faves, with Atlanta being a close 3rd. I wouldn't mind any of those 3 at all.

Edit-if I have a choice, I'd go with Seattle.
        The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

• No purpose yet my friend... just throwing around ideas.

Comment

• I can use a couple more of my boys. Again, whatever the group likes is fine with me!

Regards,
            Dennis

Comment

• Great draft everyone... it went so fast my junk talking was limited.

I may have underestimated Nikki's experience by the looks of his picks .

Hellboy picked some of my guys too .

What's with Dennis and his... Eagles?

The point estimations are extremely high... I may have messed up adding those extra positions and changing some of the point settings

Sorry about that... but we will make the most of it. Have fun all.

Comment

Great draft everyone... it went so fast my junk talking was limited.

Hellboy picked some of my guys too .

What's with Dennis and his... Eagles?

The point estimations are extremely high... I may have messed up adding those extra positions and changing some of the point settings

Sorry about that... but we will make the most of it. Have fun all.
                Heh! Didn't get as many of my boys as I wanted, but I'm working on it! Don't concern yourself about how the points come out Greg. The calculations for performance are the same for everyone!

I of course will spend the whole season bitching, moaning, stomping, cussing and in general throwing a hissy about the gross injustice you foisted upon the group!

All the best,
                Dennis

Comment

I am satisfied with most of my picks. I am soooooo glad you didn't grab Gronk with your 2nd pick.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• It was funny cuz I completely forgot all about the draft. I was all caught up in watching the US Open tennis matches. Then a saw a DraftKings commercial and said, "Oh ****!" I took a quick peek for any new updates then logged on with time to spare.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Maggie- C.Kapernick/ 49ers D/ C.Hyde for example.

Notice I didn't draft Kap or Hyde? Nobody else did either. No surprise there.

I'm not too happy with the Niners these days. The owner's son (Jed York) is pissing off long-time season ticket holders. Fans are trying to sell their seat licenses and season tickets but no one is buying. I had pre-season tickets that I couldn't give away for free.

Comment

• That is very funny because I have both Hyde and Kap in a Keeper League (not keepers) mostly as backups. I think they will both be OK.

An interesting note for you is that the new niner's QB coach is the former ECU head coach (Logan). He is cool and that is where I went to college.
                        He used to have a show here called 'The Logan Zone' that you can probably find old programs on internet. He knows what he is doing and already had some great ideas about Kap that he had mentioned way before being hired.
                        He loves Cam Newton too... and thinks Kap can tear up some Ds this year and in the future.

He is a huge wine lover too.

Super funny with some wild stories about coaching. He was with the Bucs a while back too.

Check him out.

Comment

I thought I mentioned that I played in a league before, been out of it for a few years. I think I did okay yesterday, though I grabbed a PIT WR that is suspended for 4 games. Didn't know that but glad I was able to dump him.
                          “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

• FYI, I am in the market for a quality RB. Will compensate accordingly.
                            “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                              I thought I mentioned that I played in a league before, been out of it for a few years. I think I did okay yesterday, though I grabbed a PIT WR that is suspended for 4 games. Didn't know that but glad I was able to dump him.
                              He fits in nicely with my long range plan!

Regards,
                              Dennis

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                                I am satisfied with most of my picks. I am soooooo glad you didn't grab Gronk with your 2nd pick.
                                I was sitting there watching the start of the game... reading ACG post and about to post that I had Gronk last year on both my team here and my Keeper team.

Here WAS the post: I think he is going to have a down year this season (how could you let him beat you ?) or maybe get injured.

Just about that time = Gronk catches ball and proceeds to run over two Steelers for the TD on the way to a 3 TD night.
                                I might have been mistaken... AGAIN. I thought you might get a kick out of that .

The Dolphins play the Patriots the last game of the season .
                                I wonder if it will have playoff-making implications for the 'phins .
                                I feel a Patriot induced heartbreak coming on .

But then again... ya never know with the NFL.

All the best. Greg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X