It Is Masters Week!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Is Masters Week!

As much as I love to play golf, or maybe you'd call it just taking the clubs for a walk, I despise watching it. The Masters is an exception.

I really enjoy this tournament and seeing the older champions play. Watching Nicklaus, Player and Palmer in the par 3 tournament was a real treat! Heading out soon for the son's place to watch today's round with him and some other dad/son pairings, along with a feed, makes it even better!

Here is to hoping one of the gray-beards, rather than one of the cookie-cutter newbies wins it all!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Totally agree. If there is one tournament I'll watch each year, it's the Masters. The key for me is the fact that it's played on the same course every year. As golfers we recognize almost every hole on the back nine just as we would on our home course. Since they began covering the front nine on television a few years back those holes are becoming familiar as well .
    It would be a real stunner if one of the young pups pulled off a win, but it is golf and anything can happen. Fuzzy did it decades ago, but if I had to place a bet on the outcome I would have to place it on a guy who has more experience playing the course and dealing with the pressure.
    Can't wait for the back nine on Sunday.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Chances are very remote, but I'm still pulling for the old guy. Freddie "Boom-Boom" Couples!

Comment

I'm rooting for Jordan Spieth. If he wins, he'll take over as the youngest Masters champion. Jordan is 3 months shy of his 21st birthday. Tiger was 21 years, 3 months and 14 days old when he won in 1997....by 12 shots.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Good for Bubba! At least he has a personality. Too many of the newer guys are "cookie cutter" people. All acting and playing a certain way to guarantee the largest number of endorsements or whatever. Boring, very boring!

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

Bubba righted the ship .

The wife was going for the young guy .

Wait a minute... she doesn't even like golf .
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X