X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodger Fans Who Beat Up Giants Fan Sentenced

One gets 8 years and the other 4 years.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...#photo-3009717
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Sanchez and Norwood remain in custody to face additional federal charges for allegedly being felons in possession of firearms, which authorities say they found during their arrest.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#ixzz2u1yayrJX
    Now, tack on another 10-20 to run consecutively.
    Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

A back room plea bargain was dealt in order for these 2 punks to 'voluntarily' plead guilty. The prosecution dropped other charges for the guilty plea.

Marvin Norwood will be credited with 'time-served' and other credits, he'll be released immediately.

Louie Sanchez will also be credited with 'time-served' and other credits, he'll only serve a small portion of his 8 year sentence.

I have a feeling the weapons possession charges will be dragged out and eventually cop another plea deal.

This whole thing STINKS!
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
        A back room plea bargain was dealt in order for these 2 punks to 'voluntarily' plead guilty. The prosecution dropped other charges for the guilty plea.

Marvin Norwood will be credited with 'time-served' and other credits, he'll be released immediately.

Louie Sanchez will also be credited with 'time-served' and other credits, he'll only serve a small portion of his 8 year sentence.

I have a feeling the weapons possession charges will be dragged out and eventually cop another plea deal.

This whole thing STINKS!
        Nothing back room about it. Plea bargains settle more criminal cases than juries by a huge ratio. I know guys who have been convicted six or eight times and never actually been in a trial.

Comment

From what I read, it was not a case of a fight where one guy was beaten up by another. It was an attack, a single blow to the head that knocked the victim out, his head landing hard on the concrete, causing what was probably permanent brain damage. I thought I would write the attorneys tell them what other damage may have occurred and ways to evaluate the probabililty of it having occurred. From what I read in the local newspaper the perps got off a little light IMHO.

Comment

I know that there are rivalries with sports fans everywhere and living in the uk I am very familiar with football violence, I am ashamed to have participated as a teen, however to sucker punch someone is cowardly.
            Is there a problem with violence at sports events in the USA?
            From what I gather this was an isolated incident but I would be interested to know if there are problems around other sports,
            Hitting and or beating up someone for the sake of it is cowardly, I used to think that rival fans agreeing to meet and kick the crap out of each other was ok, because they were only fighting people who wanted to fight. I was wrong, it's stupid and pointless fighting over who has the best team etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
              I know that there are rivalries with sports fans everywhere and living in the uk I am very familiar with football violence, I am ashamed to have participated as a teen, however to sucker punch someone is cowardly.
              Is there a problem with violence at sports events in the USA?
              From what I gather this was an isolated incident but I would be interested to know if there are problems around other sports,
              Hitting and or beating up someone for the sake of it is cowardly, I used to think that rival fans agreeing to meet and kick the crap out of each other was ok, because they were only fighting people who wanted to fight. I was wrong, it's stupid and pointless fighting over who has the best team etc etc
              Any time you get booze & sports going there is the potential for trouble, but violence on this level & type is rare.

Your 'football hooligans' are one of the instances where the UK is more violent than the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Any time you get booze & sports going there is the potential for trouble, but violence on this level & type is rare.

Your 'football hooligans' are one of the instances where the UK is more violent than the USA.

I agree with you there, however the quaint look and image people have of the UK can be misleading, there is so much violence around it would surprise you, raising the age limit for alcohol might work but it's got to the stage I won't let my kids go to football matches or even play anymore because it's not just spectators causing trouble.
                In fact you have given me an idea on a thread that could be of interest, ta very much

Comment

By the way the worst football hooligans I. The UK are the police, they never lose

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X