Sotchi Olympics 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both games should be good tomorrow.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
      i WAS JUST WARMING UP MY FINGERS TO TYPE OUT MY HEART FELT AND HARDY CONGRATULATIONS TO THE USA, WHEN CANADA SCORED.
      You should know to always wait till the fat lady sings in hockey! (although I do not see much fat on any of these athletes!)

I had a chance to meet some of the Athletes at social event in Ottawa 3 years ago (already!).

They still speak about what the US girls did in 2002 in Salt Lake City - Tramping on the Canadian flag in their locker room as a motivator!

Well, it seems that still one of the motivator for Canadians gals to beat the Americans...As you know, Canadians are some of the most polite and nice people in the world, until you really us off,...

That flag incident really upset the ladies, and the American gals are still paying for it on the hockey rink!

Wickenheiser, the Canadian team captain, gave a so-typical Canadian comment during the TV interview at the end of the game after winning the gold medal in 2002... To paraphrase her: now that the game is over, do they want us to come over and sign our flag?

Comment

• BTW, the Canadian women's curling team also won the gold today.

They rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
          BTW, the Canadian women's curling team also won the gold today.

They rock!
          I know, we (an all-Scottish rink representing the UK) took Bronze.

Our men will do better, I'm hoping for Gold, but can live with Silver.
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
            Cool, this is a ACG first, let the best country win
            Hopefully the friggin' on-ice officials will move their asses out of the way today.

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
            I'm nervous that I will be voted best AVATAR while I'm doing this Olympic hockey stunt
            Suffice to say the odds are better for you than for me.

Far better.

I bet it's hockey related, I'm all ears
            The date: March 2012. The place: Madison Square Garden IV, Seventh Avenue and West 32nd Street. The event: Rangers v Canadiens

Rangers were on their way to securing the No 1 spot in the Eastern Conference, while the Habs were suffering through an historically poor season, beset with injuries, one coach fired, and his replacement vilified by all of Quebec for the sin of not speaking French. ( ) The competitive phase of the match ended relatively early: suffice to say the Blueshirts rolled to a 4-1 win. My son inherited from his maternal side a tendency for trash-talking: for sixty minutes he dumped on Quebecois, Canada, and all Canadians. Behind us were seated three or four Habitants in their livery, smiling 'cause my son is so damned cute despite his big mouth. At the end of the game, as we were making our way down the tower, with these same Quebecois behind us, my boy was still talking smack, too much in my view, so I lowered my hammer: "you know we have cousins living in Canada, a few even in Quebec City."

You'd think that he was Luke Skywalker, and I was Darth Vader dropping the news on him. His jaw literally hit the floor. So too did the Quebeckers: they laughed so hard they nearly fell all the way down the stairs back to Seventh Avenue. It's a moment that I'll never forget.

Originally posted by tigersqn View Post
            Hey nice avatar slick
            Enjoy it while you can: it's only for a few hours more.

OK, this is it, here it comes, tomorrow is the big game, Men's hockey - Canada versus the United States, this USA Hockey video sets the stage, good luck, bonne chance mes amies:

Fcking A, Bubba!

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
            You should know to always wait till the fat lady sings in hockey! (although I do not see much fat on any of these athletes!)
            I could never skate that well even in my dreams.

I had a chance to meet some of the Athletes at social event in Ottawa 3 years ago (already!).
            Sounds like a mass sleepover.

They still speak about what the US girls did in 2002 in Salt Lake City - Tramping on the Canadian flag in their locker room as a motivator! . . . .

That flag incident really upset the ladies, and the American gals are still paying for it on the hockey rink!
            What a load of hooey! What were most of you wiping with until after WW2?

Wickenheiser, the Canadian team captain, gave a so-typical Canadian comment during the TV interview at the end of the game after winning the gold medal in 2002... To paraphrase her: now that the game is over, do they want us to come over and sign our flag?

USA! USA! USA!
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Enjoy it while you can: it's only for a few hours more.
              Don't worry. Your Canadian ID card has been permanently preserved....

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                Don't worry. Your Canadian ID card has been permanently preserved....
                Your New York rights have been revoked, in perpetuity -- for all of your generations, backwards and forwards.

Comment

• All I can say is ... may the best team win!!!

Comment

• Roughly ten minutes to face-off. Time to grab lunch and watch the game. See you later.

Comment

• Originally posted by the ace View Post
                      I know, we (an all-Scottish rink representing the UK) took Bronze.

Our men will do better, I'm hoping for Gold, but can live with Silver.
                      Curling is huge in Canada, it's hockey for the elderly and inept, especially in the North.

Ask a Northerner,

Q "What do you do up there?"

A "We Curl 10 months of the year."

Q "What do you do the other 2 months?"

A "We don't Curl"

Me? I don't Curl, but I was thrilled to get a message on my phone from Glenn Howard last week!
                      "I am Groot"
                      - Groot

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        Roughly ten minutes to face-off. Time to grab lunch and watch the game. See you later.
                        Er, what game?
                        "I am Groot"
                        - Groot

Comment

• And a message to our Swedish friends: all Swedes should emulate us New Yorkers, and you should fall to your knees and and kiss King Henrik's hairy beanbag. He may not be the best goaltender in the NHL and the world, but he's pretty damned close! Sweden would not have made it out of the group round were it not for Lundqvist in the pipes, that much is certain.

While I salute the Finns for their great play, I did get a call from Christiano Renaldo: "Teemo Selanne is a great actor."

Comment

• Why are the Canucks the home team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                              Curling is huge in Canada, it's hockey for the elderly and inept, especially in the North.

Ask a Northerner,

Q "What do you do up there?"

A "We Curl 10 months of the year."

Q "What do you do the other 2 months?"

A "We don't Curl"

Me? I don't Curl, but I was thrilled to get a message on my phone from Glenn Howard last week!
                              So the country that invented curling (and still provides the stones - made of granite quarried from Ailsa Craig) shouldn't be too dismayed at Silver, then ?
                              Last edited by the ace; 21 Feb 14, 12:53.
                              Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• Canada played the better period: more SOG, more time in the US zone, better transition game. US needs to force the issue in the neutral zone if they're to win this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X