Sotchi Olympics 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Congrats to the Canadian women. They really played their hearts out today. They're a class act.

Of course none of that is going to save their men tomorrow.
    It worse than you thought slick

Winner wins beer, loser keeps Bieber: USA-Canada hockey stakes have never been higher

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...-higher-022014

Comment

• Truth be told, I'm still pissed. I might have to walk over to the Canadian mission at Rockefeller Center before 5pm and . . . . express my disappointment.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Congrats to the Canadian women. They really played their hearts out today. They're a class act.

Of course none of that is going to save their men tomorrow.
        Thanks for that Slick, you're a class act, t'was a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
          Thanks for that Slick, you're a class act, t'was a great game.
          I'm still pissed though.

Comment

I'm still pissed though.
            Good luck tomorrow morning mon ami, if US wins it , I'll fly the American flag for a couple of weeks next to my AVATAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
              Good luck tomorrow morning mon ami, if US wins it , I'll fly the American flag for a couple of weeks next to my AVATAR.
              The worst part is that today is my boy's birthday: hopefully he won't ask.

Want to hear the one about how he learned about his Canadian ancestry?

I guess turnabout is fair play, so enjoy.

But only for twenty-four hours.

Comment

The worst part is that today is my boy's birthday: hopefully he won't ask.

Want to hear the one about how he learned about his Canadian ancestry?

I guess turnabout is fair play, so enjoy.

But only for twenty-four hours.
                Cool, this is a ACG first, let the best country win

I'm nervous that I will be voted best AVATAR while I'm doing this Olympic hockey stunt
                Last edited by Sparlingo; 20 Feb 14, 19:20.

Comment

Want to hear the one about how he learned about his Canadian ancestry? :
                  I bet it's hockey related, I'm all ears

Comment

• Hey nice avatar slick
                    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

• A beautiful piece written by Dave Shelltin of the Washington Post on the Canada US Womens OLYMPIC hockey game,These are the last few paragraphs:

The dislike the Canadians and Americans feel for each other is not of the cartoonish, theatrical type preferred by athletic rivals who feel an obligation to entertain as well as compete. This is real, visceral and consuming. And so, as Canada’s players came surging over the boards to celebrate another championship, it may very well have been a toss-up as to what was more satisfying for them: hugging their own teammates in victory, or watching the Americans slink off the ice in defeat.

Said Wickenheiser: “We felt, as a team, we had an edge in conditioning and mental toughness.”

The Americans grabbed their knees, as if they were going to vomit or cry or pass out. They wiped their eyes with the tails of their sweaters. They formed a line, grudgingly, to shake the hands of the victors.

When the handing out of medals was taking too long, the Canadian part of the crowd broke into an a capella “O, Canada.” And when the flags were raised, and the music played, they sang it again, with Canada’s players joining in, full-throated and grinning.

And the Americans had no choice but to stand there and take it. The clock hadn’t ticked down fast enough for them. The left goalpost gave them no lucky kick. And now, in tears and in shock, the Americans had no escape.

Comment

• Congrats to the Canadian Women's hockey team.....a very suspenseful game! Meanwhile, France sweeps the ski-cross!

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2...s-men-skicross

You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Originally posted by asterix View Post
                          Congrats to the Canadian Women's hockey team.....a very suspenseful game! Meanwhile, France sweeps the ski-cross!

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2...s-men-skicross

Congratulations France! Love Ya!

Comment

• Apparently Mike Babcock issued some new instructions to his team after the women won gold earlier today.

Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

• OK, this is it, here it comes, tomorrow is the big game, Men's hockey - Canada versus the United States, this USA Hockey video sets the stage, good luck, bonne chance mes amies:

Comment

• great thread Stalin

but I must say USA all the way !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X