No announcement yet.

Sotchi Olympics 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this some sort of "The Onion" spin off?

Edit:
    Oh yeah, that home page...

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
      Is this some sort of "The Onion" spin off?

Edit:
      Oh yeah, that home page...
      Shhhh!
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I have no problem with Olympics in Russia, but I have a problem with the Coverage (NBC) I don't like looking at and listening to that little Twerp Bob Costas, with his face smeared with Bondo and a brand new Hairpiece, I also do not like NBCs monotonous, never ending coverage of Ice Skating and Ice Dancing while only showing two or three second clips of real sports.
        End of Rant!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

End of day 2 Canada now has 1 Gold 2 Silver and 1 Bronze.

Comment

Comment

Comments on the photos;

The food, while it looks delicious and more then enough for the average person, would just be a light snack for a competition athletic. They can easily can go through and burn off 20,000 calories a day.

Needless to say, the spoiled rotten ALPHABET Lame Stream Media would complain about the rustic, veneer over fiberboard covered assembled on site furniture, hardwood floors, and 3/4 twin size beds. Having worked with furniture over the years, I can easily recognize the type of construction from the photo presented. That construction is clearly present in the TV stand left of the small desk. Looks like a children's bedroom set my place of employment will sell out of their Clearance center. The bedroom with two 3/4 twin beds looks so tiny that the nightstand was placed behind the headboard. Was there even any room for the chest of drawers or did everything have to go into the closet in the narrow hallway? Still, I see nothing wrong with the rustic accommodations for what will probably be used only for the Olympic Games.

Now, as far as the toilet in the bathroom, care to explain the use of the stainless can with the lid sitting next to the toilet? Do you , indeed, have to place the used toilet paper into that bin? Toilet paper in the Western World is designed to quickly break down when wet so it doesn't clog up in the sewage treatment system.
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                care to explain the use of the stainless can with the lid sitting next to the toilet? Do you , indeed, have to place the used toilet paper into that bin?
                no actually you don't, i for one flush down the toilet nearly everything i want. Russia's differance from other coutries is that you are not supposed to comply with every rule here.

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                  no actually you don't, i for one flush down the toilet nearly everything i want. Russia's differance from other coutries is that you are not supposed to comply with every rule here.
                  Isn't that true everywhere in the world when no one is watching?

So long as there is no hidden camera watching you, or some bureaucrat with too much time on his hands catching and DNA testing used toilet paper samples from the sewer, you are safe.

At least, you are not using the outhouse, an unheated shed with a hole in the seat over a hole in the ground where you used paper from a catalog or phone book for toilet paper. That was common to use as late as the 50s here and in your rural areas as well. They can be found even today in some rustic parks and Amish farming areas although most now use a concrete collection vault that is pumped out for treatment instead of a hole in the ground.
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    Isn't that true everywhere in the world when no one is watching?
                    then what's the problem?

Comment

Thanks for the pics stalin .
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Isn't it about time to sit back and enjoy the games?
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures. Sure makes me hungry for Russian food again.
                          Boston Strong!

Comment

Day 3 Canada now leading with 3 Gold 3 Silver and 1 Bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                              Thanks for the pics stalin .
                              Originally posted by JSMoss View Post
                              Thanks for the great pictures. Sure makes me hungry for Russian food again.
                              you are welcome, and the photos were made by someone from USA Olympic team.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                                I have no problem with Olympics in Russia, but I have a problem with the Coverage (NBC) I don't like looking at and listening to that little Twerp Bob Costas, with his face smeared with Bondo and a brand new Hairpiece, I also do not like NBCs monotonous, never ending coverage of Ice Skating and Ice Dancing while only showing two or three second clips of real sports.
                                End of Rant!
                                What are you watching? What are you expecting that you haven't seen? You do know team ice skating was, along with slope style snowboarding were the first medal events held don't you so it was natural they were covered in depth the first few days. I have watched excellent coverage of not only every medal event since opening but all preliminary and warm ups as well. NBC coverage is spread over 4 channels pretty much 24 hours a day between the channels. True if you only watch the primetime evening coverage they only have time to present highlights of the medal rounds but what else can they do in 4 hours with so many sports going on parallel with each other.
                                Boston Strong!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X