Sotchi Olympics 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    No? We grew up with them, you could buy three 1 1/4 litre bags in one bigger bag, you slid it into a picture and cut the corner with scissors

You're not talking about one of those milk dispensers, are you?

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    But I digress, there is hockey afoot, even today, bronze medal 10:30 EST, Go USA Go
    Versus Finland. Don't touch Teemu Salanne: he might spontaneously combust this time.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      You're not talking about one of those milk dispensers, are you?
      Nope, this

Comment

Now it's a friggin' obsession. Those fckers keep beating us. Now I know how the Beaneaters feel. They need a lid slammed on them but good come 2018.

Not only do they work in the US, their game is developed in the US: most of the college players are Canadian too. What, you think they're playing at McGill? We're paying for them to beat us. How dumb are we?
        Historical McGill moment:
        McGill University invented AMERICAN Football. - or , rather, the wide field version that you later debased,
        Great Britain invented rounder's, which you improved on.

Main article: McGill Redmen football

The McGill Redmen CIS football team is one of the oldest in all of Canada, having begun organized competition in 1874. The team has appeared in three Vanier Cup national championships, in 1969, 1973 and 1987, with the Redmen finally winning the title in the 1987 game. McGill plays out of Percival Molson Memorial Stadium, where the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes also play.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGill_Redmen
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• 2nd intermission I don't like how the US is playing, step it up!

Comment

Nope, this

What the fck is that?

Comment

What the fck is that?
              Jug-o-Milk

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                Jug-o-Milk
                Something that graced your family's kitchen in your youth?

Comment

Yup, that's how we drank milk growing up, if you cut the corner too big milk would spill out, too small and it'd take a while coming out. You can still buy milk in bags here, not so common now, but most everyone has one of those pitchers you put the bag into.

In other news.... well, you know, too bad..... what can I say

Comment

Not mine. We had bottles delivered in the mornings and 1/2 gallon cartons from the store. I think this milk-in-a-bag thing is somethin' easterners do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                      Not mine. We had bottles delivered in the mornings and 1/2 gallon cartons from the store. I think this milk-in-a-bag thing is somethin' easterners do.
                      I've never been to the Maritimes, but I don't recall ever seeing milk bags in Ontario or Quebec.

When shall we lynch Dan Bylsma?

Comment

I've never been to the Maritimes, but I don't recall ever seeing milk bags in Ontario or Quebec.

The got em there, but they don't jump out at you. Usually on the bottom shelf in the super market. You would never see them at restaurants or convenience stores.

Comment

You might ask Putin to march him off to Siberia in order to improve international relations.

Comment

Yup, that's how we drank milk growing up, if you cut the corner too big milk would spill out, too small and it'd take a while coming out. You can still buy milk in bags here, not so common now, but most everyone has one of those pitchers you put the bag into.
                            More than once I couldn't find any scissors or a decent knife so I bit the corner off with my teeth, that makes for milk messiness, and a pissed off mother, so don't do that if you ever buy any bags of milk.

Comment

The got em there, but they don't jump out at you. Usually on the bottom shelf in the super market. You would never see them at restaurants or convenience stores.
                              Since the only shopping I've done in Canada was while bagged that might explain why I can't recall milk bags.

Either that or I'm nuts.

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                              You might ask Putin to march him off to Siberia in order to improve international relations.
                              "I like the way you think. I'll be watching you."

Comment

What are the Brits gonna do about it this time? First of all, I'll invite them to come and burn the White House. Second, I'll lure them again to New Orleans. Then Canada will be all ours, defenseless and ripe for the picking!
                                You know how that would end don't you? We'd end up with Detroit, again, which would be bad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X