Sotchi Olympics 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    What are the Brits gonna do about it this time? First of all, I'll invite them to come and burn the White House. Second, I'll lure them again to New Orleans. Then Canada will be all ours, defenseless and ripe for the picking!
    God, what to you want to do with some frozen beaver?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

We might have to burn Toronto down -- again.
      That would be welcome

Comment

• Actually, ...

Originally posted by the ace View Post
        You DO realise there are only 5 million Scots in Scotland, don't you ?
        ... only 4,446,000 Scots, claim to have Scottish ethnicity. I suspect there are many more on long term vacation in Portugal, Spain, Cyprus ... or just in England.
        "I am Groot"
        - Groot

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          God, what to you want to do with some frozen beaver?
          What's wrong with you?

Quebec makes some damn fine girls. And they can skate, too. That's a tough combination to beat.

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
          That would be welcome
          Nah. You'd come out ahead. Throw in Ottawa and then we've got us a deal.
          Last edited by slick_miester; 21 Feb 14, 18:26. Reason: I can't spell. D'oh!
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

What's wrong with you?

Quebec makes some damn fine girls. And they can skate, too. That's a tough combination to beat.

Nah. You'd come out ahead. Through in Ottawa and then we've got us a deal.
            I have to be careful on this one, Quebecers and Canadian women make up all but like one Canadian Olympic medal. Us English Canadian men are well advised to keep our mouths shut right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
              I have to be careful on this one, Quebecers and Canadian women make up all but like one Canadian Olympic medal. Us English Canadian men are well advised to keep our mouths shut right now.
              No ****? Well, that's too bad.

But seriously, why do you think I keep going back to Lake George? How many times can I tour Fort William Henry?

Comment

The date: March 2012. The place: Madison Square Garden IV, Seventh Avenue and West 32nd Street. The event: Rangers v Canadiens

Rangers were on their way to securing the No 1 spot in the Eastern Conference, while the Habs were suffering through an historically poor season, beset with injuries, one coach fired, and his replacement vilified by all of Quebec for the sin of not speaking French. ( ) The competitive phase of the match ended relatively early: suffice to say the Blueshirts rolled to a 4-1 win. My son inherited from his maternal side a tendency for trash-talking: for sixty minutes he dumped on Quebecois, Canada, and all Canadians. Behind us were seated three or four Habitants in their livery, smiling 'cause my son is so damned cute despite his big mouth. At the end of the game, as we were making our way down the tower, with these same Quebecois behind us, my boy was still talking smack, too much in my view, so I lowered my hammer: "you know we have cousins living in Canada, a few even in Quebec City."

You'd think that he was Luke Skywalker, and I was Darth Vader dropping the news on him. His jaw literally hit the floor. So too did the Quebeckers: they laughed so hard they nearly fell all the way down the stairs back to Seventh Avenue. It's a moment that I'll never forget.
                Good story.
                Last edited by Sparlingo; 21 Feb 14, 19:36.

Comment

• Comment

• My son hasn't come out of his room since his dumbass mother told him the result.

Comment

My son hasn't come out of his room since his dumbass mother told him the result.
                      How is it that he didn't watch the game from start to finish?

Comment

• Here is the note the Canadian Women's hockey team left for the Men's team.

That, gentlemen, is motivation.

Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

• USA: You Canadians have milk in bags.

Canada: Well, you know what else comes in bags? Gold medals

Comment

How is it that he didn't watch the game from start to finish?
                            The game ended while he was still in school, and it's been a long, long time since hockey stopped life here.

A very long time.

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                            USA: You Canadians have milk in bags.

Canada: Well, you know what else comes in bags? Gold medals
                            - emphasis mine

What are you talking about: milk in a bag?

Comment

USA: You Canadians have milk in bags.
                              As God is my witness, all 45 years I spent in Canada, I never saw milk in a big....other than natural bags..

Here's one for you Marc - a Russian twitter
                              "Так мило со стороны Олимпийской сборной Канады уделить время от своего забитого расписания и дать несколько уроков катания по льду для Американской сборной" #жестдобройволи

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                                As God is my witness, all 45 years I spent in Canada, I never saw milk in a big....other than natural bags..
                                No? We grew up with them, you could buy three 1 1/4 litre bags in one bigger bag, you slid it into a pitcher and cut the corner with scissors.

But I digress, there is hockey afoot, even today, bronze medal 10:30 EST, Go USA Go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X