The Ghost of George?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    Yes, Legate, infield defense is a concern. I am actually quite sceptical about the Yanks chances this year. I didn't like the Ellsbury signing or Beltran for that matter. Not real crazy about McCann either. But it's the Bronx and if we are in contention, great! If not, it will be a spectacular flame out, hence, entertaining to watch. Either way, we all win

What are your thoughts on Stephen Drew? But the word on sports radio today is that the Yankees are losing interest and may pass on him.
    If they don't pick up an elite 3rd baseman, it's gonna be the dreaded platoon system at 3rd.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

The two best Yankee teams in my lifetime were the 70's Reggie Jackson, et al, teams and the late 90's win from within with Jeter, Bernie Williams, Rivera, Pettite. The Reggie teams had pitching and power. The Jeter teams won by not relying on the long ball. Of the two, I like the small ball approach. Which is why last years start got me all excited. A bunch of no names scrapping out wins. Unfortunately, it didn't last, but, that's ok. I know each year that the Yanks will do their best to field a competitive team.

As for Stephen Drew, I hadn't heard they were interested, but, if he can play defense, and is willing to play third, then I am all for it. Former Red Sox seem to come alive in Yankee pinstripes.
      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Its still early I suppose, but it looks like I have some crow to eat here. That dude is awesome.

Comment

So far he's the only Yankee achieving above expectation. The rest of the team is either hurt, old, or generally under-performing.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

As I recalled the Yankees took a bath on another Japanese pitcher a few years ago. I'd have thought that once bitten, twice shy -- but that's me.

Wasn't Brian Cashman supposed to stock up the farm with all kinds of talent? Where is it?
            When are the Yankees calling up Steve Dalkowski, Slick?
            http://www.baseball-almanac.com/arti...baseball.shtml
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X