Clear All

• andrewza
    replied

why o why but it as a close game.

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Rojik View Post
    Lol. Gotta admit I didn't see it coming, but here we are. Bloody good series though - swings and roundabouts all through the three tests.
    You beat me to it.

Who would have thought it, bearing in mind how things stood just a year ago ?

Australia actually won Borodino.

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    hopefully we can see a repeat of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIFX...t=HL1388876880

Lol. Gotta admit I didn't see it coming, but here we are. Bloody good series though - swings and roundabouts all through the three tests.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    On a good day he can be, but not every day.
    Rogers need to bring his second inning batting form into the first innings Warner needs to play a lot safer and put his ego away, Watson needs to move down to number 5 or 6 and George Bailey should be dropped and Phil Hughs should come back in at first drop.

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
    Exactly so: and that's the rub.

Australia's top order will have to show a lot more consistency to be in contention. And is Michael Clarke another Kutusov ?
    On a good day he can be, but not every day.

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    What is yarpies
    Noun

yarpie (plural yarpies)
    1.(pejorative, slang) A Caucasian South African man.

Etymology[edit]

From Afrikaans japie, or plaasjapie meaning farm-boy. 'Japie' or 'plaasjapie' is a term referring to a person that grew up on a farm and is not familiar with city life, naive, often unsophisticated. Not a derogatory term, but not too polite either.
    Picked it up years ago from a few mates of mine. One worked in the mining industry, the other in the software industry in Dubai. Both neck deep in Sth Africans. You now join 'Poms', 'Yanks' and 'Kiwis' on the list of nationalities we address with a nickname. Think of it as a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    Unfortunately they have the Imperial Guard in their top 7 & we don't.
    Exactly so: and that's the rub.

Australia's top order will have to show a lot more consistency to be in contention. And is Michael Clarke another Kutusov ?

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    I never knew we had a name.
    It's not a name I use. I don't even know the origin of it. Saffies does it more for my lazy self.
    Last edited by Rojik; 07 Jan 14, 02:52.

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    Originally posted by Rojik View Post
    You.
    I never knew we had a name.

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    What is yarpies
    You.

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    What is yarpies

Leave a comment:

• flash
    replied
    Yay the Yarpies (Through gritted teeth).

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
    Maybe so. It'll be an interesting reality check anyway.

With two very good pace attacks (Pattinson to come, perhaps?) it'll be like the Battle of Borodino out there. Sheer bombardment.
    Unfortunately they have the Imperial Guard in their top 7 & we don't.

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    The yarpies are going to murder us. If England is consistently getting us 4 or 5 for under 150 we will be getting bowled out for that much in Sth Africa. Steyn, Philander & Morkel are going to hurt us badly unless out top order starts batting better all at the same time. Our bowling is good, but I can't see them getting Smith, Amla, De Plessis & De Villiers out consistently for less than we can make. At least one test & possibly more will be a genuine hammering. We get rolled for under 150, start our second innings 200+ behind & struggle to make them bat again.
    Maybe so. It'll be an interesting reality check anyway.

With two very good pace attacks (Pattinson to come, perhaps?) it'll be like the Battle of Borodino out there. Sheer bombardment.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I wonder if CA was smart enouph to organise 3 or 4 tour matches I think that was the main un doing of the English this tour they only had 2 tour matches first on Cooke and his opening partner were the only ones who got batting practice.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X