Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia has Regained the Ashes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
    Looks an awesome place. A bit better for us today.
    It certainly is. The "G" is the ideal arena for watching any sport (especially from the Ponsford Stand).

    It seems that England is, at last, playing to their potential: an absorbing contest.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

    Comment


    • #47
      The great English batting collapse is alive and well losing 5 for 6 ouch and the batsman managed to lose 3 wickets for pretty cheap to
      http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by 150935 View Post
        The great English batting collapse is alive and well losing 5 for 6 ouch and the batsman managed to lose 3 wickets for pretty cheap to
        Amateur stuff I have to say. Its got to be a concentration thing. It can only be that. Really poor shot selection and once again Pietersen gets out trying to slog it over top. Each time we have been in an interesting position we've lumped it. I don't think Australia actually took too many wickets yesterday. My lot gave them away!

        Comment


        • #49
          I would like the view of our English members on Allister Cook's captaincy in the field seems pretty amaturish from him with pushing his field back way to early in a batsman inningings. Than his bowling selection in the 2nd Australian innings has made little sence taking Broad off after his second over where he should of had a wicket and putting Joe Root on before your main spinner. I wonder how much different this series would be if Cook was a better captain?
          http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

          Comment


          • #50
            Australia has Regained the Ashes

            The Aussies played some very good cricket and have us a sound thrashing, however the Aussies are still upset over the thrashing that team GB have them on the Olympics, and what there sports minister had to do after losing a bet
            http://www.theguardian.com/sport/vid...dals-bet-video.

            They outclassed England in this ashes series and deserved to win, however there is a bit of animosity creeping into games between the two sides that has gone past friendly rivalry. Soon it will be like a game of football between rangers and Celtic
            Last edited by queensman; 28 Dec 13, 21:15.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by queensman View Post
              They outclassed England in this ashes series and deserved to win, however there is a bit of animosity creeping into games between the two sides that has gone past friendly rivalry. Soon it will be like a game of football between rangers and Celtic.
              Pfft. There has never been friendly rivalry on the pitch. After the match maybe, but out in the centre it's been dog eat dog for over 100 years. This stuff here is pretty tame to some of the other stuff that has gone on in that past.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

              That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

              Comment


              • #52
                Got along to Boxing Day, day two & day 4. Had a ball. Being part of a world record Test crowd was brilliant. Seeing 270,000+ turn up to an MCG test just reminded me how lucky I am to be a short walk from this magnificent ground.

                In terms of a contest this was the best test of the 4 so far, but I would argue that it was England's worst performance. This is the first test where England was in a position to win. In fact, even at tea time on day 3 it should have been able to wrap this up. Another 70 - 100 runs & Australia would have been under the sort of pressure that might have been fatal. Of course, that assumed England's bowlers could bowl the way they did on day 2. They didn't. They bowled like county hacks. From the start of day 3 England's bowlers conceded over 270 runs for the 2 wickets in a game where 255 was the top innings score. Bloody disgrace. Swann's departure hurt even more with Lyon taking 5 & Panesar lamentable. Prior's glove work was missed too.

                On the Australian side Rogers, Watson & Lyon all showed just why they are in the team. Rogers should have been MotM. Haddin & Johnson continued their fine series. it is hard to see anything but rain saving England from a 5th defeat in Sydney.

                A picture of the MCG as the record crowd is announced (check out the scoreboard).


                2013-12-26_16-15-45_968[1].jpg
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                  Got along to Boxing Day, day two & day 4. Had a ball. Being part of a world record Test crowd was brilliant. Seeing 270,000+ turn up to an MCG test just reminded me how lucky I am to be a short walk from this magnificent ground.

                  In terms of a contest this was the best test of the 4 so far, but I would argue that it was England's worst performance. This is the first test where England was in a position to win. In fact, even at tea time on day 3 it should have been able to wrap this up. Another 70 - 100 runs & Australia would have been under the sort of pressure that might have been fatal. Of course, that assumed England's bowlers could bowl the way they did on day 2. They didn't. They bowled like county hacks. From the start of day 3 England's bowlers conceded over 270 runs for the 2 wickets in a game where 255 was the top innings score. Bloody disgrace. Swann's departure hurt even more with Lyon taking 5 & Panesar lamentable. Prior's glove work was missed too.

                  On the Australian side Rogers, Watson & Lyon all showed just why they are in the team. Rogers should have been MotM. Haddin & Johnson continued their fine series. it is hard to see anything but rain saving England from a 5th defeat in Sydney.

                  A picture of the MCG as the record crowd is announced (check out the scoreboard).


                  [ATTACH]57335[/ATTACH]
                  I attended on days 2,3 and 4. I thought the game was thoroughly entertaining and at the commencement of today's play (Sunday, 29th.Day 4) the result still could have gone either way.

                  Regrettably, though, after missing two clear catching chances, that appeared to be the end of it as far as England was concerned: they just seemed to go through the motions.What a difference from the situation just seven months ago.

                  As for animosity: well, not in the crowd anyway. Plenty of friendly banter between the two groups of enthusiasts but that's all.
                  "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                  Samuel Johnson.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Ugh, I really need to sit in a better area than where I was... far too many people were interested in who was getting kicked out and stood up blocking my vision of the game. We were between the Barmy Army and some local lads who thought they could emulate. I was surprised as to how quickly security decided to boot people out.
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

                    "The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                    Mark Twain.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                      I attended on days 2,3 and 4. I thought the game was thoroughly entertaining and at the commencement of today's play (Sunday, 29th.Day 4) the result still could have gone either way.

                      Regrettably, though, after missing two clear catching chances, that appeared to be the end of it as far as England was concerned: they just seemed to go through the motions.What a difference from the situation just seven months ago.
                      The way they dropped their bundle over the course of a few sessions speaks t ojust how badly damaged the yare mentally. Incredibly brittle.

                      As for animosity: well, not in the crowd anyway. Plenty of friendly banter between the two groups of enthusiasts but that's all.[/QUOTE]

                      Test crowds are always pretty good. Occasional drunken idiots, but not much more. Over the years I've had a few chats to Barmy Army blokes & they are great. On day 2 there was one bloke near us tying up an England flag with the name of his local pub on it. Apparently he has dragged it all over the world to all manner of sporting contests. Promised his mates back home he would put it up.

                      Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                      Ugh, I really need to sit in a better area than where I was... far too many people were interested in who was getting kicked out and stood up blocking my vision of the game. We were between the Barmy Army and some local lads who thought they could emulate. I was surprised as to how quickly security decided to boot people out.
                      Not the best spot. Apart from day 1 you can just relocate upstairs. The incredibly stupid idea of having all allocated seating only really gets in the way on day 1. Even on day 2 my brother and I moved several times in the top deck of the Sth Stand.

                      Security are full on at the cricket. I had to laugh tonight when SBS tail-ended a story on brawling/bad behaviour at an A-League game yesterday by telling viewers that 31 people had been ejected from the cricket. If they applied the same standard at soccer games they would have ejected thousands.
                      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                        Not the best spot. Apart from day 1 you can just relocate upstairs. The incredibly stupid idea of having all allocated seating only really gets in the way on day 1. Even on day 2 my brother and I moved several times in the top deck of the Sth Stand.

                        Security are full on at the cricket. I had to laugh tonight when SBS tail-ended a story on brawling/bad behaviour at an A-League game yesterday by telling viewers that 31 people had been ejected from the cricket. If they applied the same standard at soccer games they would have ejected thousands.
                        Yeah the drunken idiots were growing as the day dragged on, we didn't feel threatened in anyway... it was simply frustrating to see so many others stand up and have a sticky nose in what drama they were missing out further on in the stands. Five minutes before we decided to leave a couple of guys seated two rows in front of us were jumped on by six security personal... so I had even more people standing up blocking my view of the cricket.

                        Aside from the idiots we did chat to a couple of guys from England in front of us, great company and a pleasure to talk to.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

                        "The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                        Mark Twain.

                        Comment


                        • #57

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                            Got along to Boxing Day, day two & day 4. Had a ball. Being part of a world record Test crowd was brilliant. Seeing 270,000+ turn up to an MCG test just reminded me how lucky I am to be a short walk from this magnificent ground.

                            In terms of a contest this was the best test of the 4 so far, but I would argue that it was England's worst performance. This is the first test where England was in a position to win. In fact, even at tea time on day 3 it should have been able to wrap this up. Another 70 - 100 runs & Australia would have been under the sort of pressure that might have been fatal. Of course, that assumed England's bowlers could bowl the way they did on day 2. They didn't. They bowled like county hacks. From the start of day 3 England's bowlers conceded over 270 runs for the 2 wickets in a game where 255 was the top innings score. Bloody disgrace. Swann's departure hurt even more with Lyon taking 5 & Panesar lamentable. Prior's glove work was missed too.

                            On the Australian side Rogers, Watson & Lyon all showed just why they are in the team. Rogers should have been MotM. Haddin & Johnson continued their fine series. it is hard to see anything but rain saving England from a 5th defeat in Sydney.

                            A picture of the MCG as the record crowd is announced (check out the scoreboard).


                            [ATTACH]57335[/ATTACH]

                            I would really like to know who decides the man of the match if it is that stupid smart phone app where people vote for there choice I think it was a poor selection of MOTM I would of had a hard choice between Rogers and Lyon. I have a nasty feeling that Mitchel Johson will win the Man of the Series in a breeze I think Haddin deserves the MOTS.
                            http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                              Ugh, I really need to sit in a better area than where I was... far too many people were interested in who was getting kicked out and stood up blocking my vision of the game. We were between the Barmy Army and some local lads who thought they could emulate. I was surprised as to how quickly security decided to boot people out.
                              That reminds me of when I went to the G during an Australian and Indian match and was very annoyed at the Indian members of the crowd jumping up every time a camera came by or stood up and stayed standing up for no reason at all it was very annoying and it was not only us even a few people of Indian decent found it annoying.
                              http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                                I would really like to know who decides the man of the match if it is that stupid smart phone app where people vote for there choice I think it was a poor selection of MOTM I would of had a hard choice between Rogers and Lyon.
                                Agree that Rogers should have won, but Johnson was justifiable. He got 8/88 - very impressive & quite a bit better than Lyon (who was still great with bat & ball). I think MotM is decided by one or more of the commentators.

                                I have a nasty feeling that Mitchel Johson will win the Man of the Series in a breeze I think Haddin deserves the MOTS.
                                Disagree. Haddin has been magnificent, but Johnson has been a matchwinner time & again. He has crushed what should have been a superior England batting lineup & his intimidation has benefitted the other bowlers. Historically test wickets are worth an average of about 30 runs per, so Johnson's wickets this series are worth close to 1000 runs. I have always thought it unfair that bowlers only get acknowledged when they get 5 for while batsmen get recognized for a 50.

                                Under other circumstances I would be happy to see Haddin get the nod, but Johnson has been the player of this series.
                                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X