Australia has Regained the Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
    He'll probably still be a next time too.

At the end of the second test something like 19 of the 40 English wickets had fallen to catches on leg. I didn't see much of either English innings in the 3rd, but noted that there were still more soft leg wickets than there should have been. It shows that it's a focus issue more than a talent problem IMO. The need to get back to some real schoolboy basics.
    Yes I would agree. The focus for this series has been dismal with the exception of the Stokes boy. IF Bell hadn't got out when he did, I think that last test might have gone a bit closer with the partnership they were building but then as usual our tail just didn't wag..

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
      Meh. If you're going to sling it about, you gotta be prepared to catch it sometimes too!
      See you blokes in Brazil next year.

Not going take lessons on our standing in word football when you have world series in your national sport that the rest of the world doesn't participate in...
      There wouldn't be a point to inviting teams from other countries to participate in the World Series: MLB already poaches all the world's best players. Come next spring, watch as two MLB clubs open their seasons in Japan: they usually win in their sleep.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        See you blokes in Brazil next year.

There wouldn't be a point to inviting teams from other countries to participate in the World Series: MLB already poaches all the world's best players. Come next spring, watch as two MLB clubs open their seasons in Japan: they usually win in their sleep.
        Shouldn't call it a World Series then. Bit of a conceit. We have some of the worlds best footballers. Still called the English Premier League though or the Spanish who have the three best players in the world right now. Its called La Liga Espanola not the La Serie Mundial. In a football tournament that actually does involve the whole world, we have actually won it once upon a time whereas until most of the South America moves into California, the US doesn't even know it goes on never mind wins it.

See you in the next thread that vaguely involves the UK as you always seem to pop up. Blighty and a certain football team from London seems to attract you for some reason...
        Last edited by copenhagen; 19 Dec 13, 12:45.

Comment

Shouldn't call it a World Series then. Bit of a conciet. We have some of the worlds best footballers. Still called the English Premier League though or the Spanish who have the three best players in the world right now. Its called La Liga Espanola not the La Serie Mundial.
          Why don't you make it a real World Series then? I mean, send an English side to compete with the MLB clubs? Man Cty played Man Utd in a friendly at Yankee Stadium last summer. Why not send a couple of baseball teams, as well?

See you in the next thread that vaguely involves the UK as you always seem to pop up. Blighty seems to attract you for some reason...
          Blighty is very attractive: birthplace of many of my favorite traditions (constitutions, bills of rights, football, etc) quaint yet innovative (Jaguar E-Types, driven by transvestite "barristers") and the lingo's a real hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            Why don't you make it a real World Series then? I mean, send an English side to compete with the MLB clubs? Man Cty played Man Utd in a friendly at Yankee Stadium last summer. Why not send a couple of baseball teams, as well?

Blighty is very attractive: birthplace of many of my favorite traditions (constitutions, bills of rights, football, etc) quaint yet innovative (Jaguar E-Types, driven by transvestite "barristers") and the lingo's a real hoot.
            The winners of the Champions League plays the winner of the Copa Libertadores which is the World Club championships. That is the extent of international club competition. FIFA have tried to get a world club cup but the time involved is very prohibitive for the other games. You forget Football is so massive and the calendar is so full, there are only so many games they can play. The world Cup next year though is the real "greatest show on earth" Cricket has two world cups and another one is looming for Test level. The two biggest sports in the world are truly world sports. That pesky British Empire. Mind you cricket was pretty big in America till about the 1870's (England was supposed to play the US till the ACW intervened)when ironically the American cricket clubs were just too elitist and the average Joes switched to baseball. Who's have thought!?

Comment

The winners of the Champions League plays the winner of the Copa Libertadores which is the World Club championships. That is the extent of international club competition.
              Didn't they call it the Toyota Cup back in the day? I'm still bitter about Peñarol's loss to FC Porto. That and my bother-in-law is from Porto . . . .

FIFA have tried to get a world club cup but the time involved is very prohibitive for the other games. You forget Football is so massive and the calendar is so full, there are only so many games they can play.
              And do you wonder why footballer burn out by 30?

The world Cup next year though is the real "greatest show on earth" Cricket has two world cups and another one is looming for Test level. The two biggest sports in the world are truly world sports. That pesky British Empire. Mind you cricket was pretty big in America till about the 1870's (England was supposed to play the US till the ACW intervened)when ironically the American cricket clubs were just too elitist and the average Joes switched to baseball. Who's have thought!?
              I wasn't aware of cricket in 19th century US, but I have always viewed it as a "fancy lad's" game: all white, with little sweaters, "public school pooftahs," and all of that. I've had but two experiences with cricket myself: I saw it played by Dominicans in Brooklyn c1986 (and one of the Dominicans was a real hump) and I took a Coolie to Yankee Stadium where he spent nine innings bitching that baseball was boring compared to cricket. That second event, not only did I give him the ticket (my wife was supposed to go but didn't feel up to it after giving birth to our son) but I even got him a pretty girl's phone number -- and he still griped. Is that kind of . . . . "poor form" common among cricket fans?

Comment

You only sing when you're winning I see. Seriously though Australia have played very well and our (commonwealth) team has been dreadful. Pietersen in my opinion has been bloody selfish. His ego has got him out 6 times playing 20 20 shots in a test match especially when we've been up against it. Swan has been very poor. I think they were too cocky and thought it would be easy and didn't prepare properly. David Warner is still a though. There's always next time. Congrats Australia. Least you can sing for a change.

PS Ignore those Yanks, they don't know about real sport like cricket. You have to concentrate to understand it
                He does seem like a bit of a twerp but that happens when you grow up in Western Sydney and got the skills to smash a team out of the game. If you call my singing, singing you may wanna get your hearing checked.
                http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                  He does seem like a bit of a twerp but that happens when you grow up in Western Sydney and got the skills to smash a team out of the game. If you call my singing, singing you may wanna get your hearing checked.
                  Well my other half's sister in law is Ozzy and she likes cricket. She was over in the summer and was totally utterly quiet. I didn't say a word myself. If she was here now, oh boy what a racket there'd be...

Comment

I'll be at the MCG on the 27th, hopefully it won't get too hot.
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                    Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                      Enjoy. I love a test match . Was at Old Trafford in the summer. Definitley wasn't hot...

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                        So will I, The forecast is for temperature in the low 30's ,so it could be worse.
                        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Just keep the liquids up you know what I mean

Comment

Wow I thought Swannie may of wanted to retire after the tour after the flogging he has been getting didn't think he would retire mid tour. This may seem harsh but almost sounds like poor sportsman ship from Swan like a kid taking his bat and ball home after getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                              Wow I thought Swannie may of wanted to retire after the tour after the flogging he has been getting didn't think he would retire mid tour. This may seem harsh but almost sounds like poor sportsman ship from Swan like a kid taking his bat and ball home after getting out.
                              He's jumped before he was pushed I suspect. I'm not impressed though...

Comment

He's jumped before he was pushed I suspect. I'm not impressed though...
                                He was a second away from being pushed. The 'head up the bum' comment is interesting, and not something the English team needs right now. Save the post mortem for when the series is done and the team is home IMO.

Not that I disagree, or really want him to shut up, but we've all seen it from our side of the fence and know how much damage an internal fight played out in the media can be.
                                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X