The Bo Jackson fan apprecition thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bo Jackson fan apprecition thread

For those of us who remember Bo Jackson playing both professional baseball and professional football, before he suffured that devastating injury, I've decided to start a thread for his great plays.

I was in Kansas when Bo started with the Royals and at batting practice he was hitting them out to the scoreboard in center field.

Bo ran a 40-yard dash in 4.12 seconds, which is still the fastest 40-yard dash time ever recorded.
    At least I think so, I don't recall anyone ever beating that time yet.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I don't think Bo ever took up boxing...I wonder if he could have beaten Mike Tyson.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

My favorite Bo Jackson moment was when he knocked that blow-hard Brian Bosworth on his butt in the Seahawk game. Bo was one of a kind. It was every sports fan's loss when his career was cut short by injury.
        If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by sherlock View Post
          My favorite Bo Jackson moment was when he knocked that blow-hard Brian Bosworth on his butt in the Seahawk game. Bo was one of a kind. It was every sports fan's loss when his career was cut short by injury.
          Oh man! That was awesome. It was just about Bosworthless's first NFL play from scrimmage IIRC...
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Bo is probably the best athlete that I have ever seen, too bad his career was cut short.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
              I don't think Bo ever took up boxing...I wonder if he could have beaten Mike Tyson.
              Remember these awesome commericals?

And this one with Sonny Bono.

Comment

Bo ran a 40-yard dash in 4.12 seconds, which is still the fastest 40-yard dash time ever recorded.
                At least I think so, I don't recall anyone ever beating that time yet.
                The fastest claimed unoffical time. Washington Redskin coaches said Darrell Green ran a 4.09 at 1986 training camp. Also, those were the days of handheld stopwatches which is alway faster than electronic times.

Bo knows everything............

"Bo Jackson knows where the WMDs are..." George W Bush
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

House Rule 1A: Nobody is allowed to use the Raiders.
                  Кто там?
                  Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                  Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

I certainly didn't care for his teams, but he was a joy to watch. In terms of skill at more than one sport the only one who comes close would be Jimmy Brown.......and that was in college, not the pros.

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                      In terms of skill at more than one sport the only one who comes close would be Jimmy Brown.......and that was in college, not the pros.

Regards,
                      Dennis

Jim Brown is in Pro Football Hall of Fame, Lacrosse Hall of Fame, and College Football Hall of Fame.

Comment

Jim Brown is in Pro Football Hall of Fame, Lacrosse Hall of Fame, and College Football Hall of Fame.
                        I am aware. He also started one year (the only one he played) for the Syracuse basketball team. That makes 3 sports in the same year. He remains the greatest running back ever in my eyes.

Regards,
                        Dennis
                        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Good one. Dave Winfield actually got drafted by the NFL, MLB, NBA and the ABA coming out of the University of Minnesota.

http://www.sporthaven.com/players/dave-winfield

Comment

Also, Jim Brown turned out to be a pretty good actor too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                              Also, Jim Brown turned out to be a pretty good actor too.
                              Bo is also a good actor. And yes Persephone, Bo was also a boxer retiring with a perfect record of 57-0 with 58 consecutive knockouts.
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X