Hawthorn Win 2013 AFL Grand Final.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawthorn Win 2013 AFL Grand Final.

The 2013 Australian Football League Grand Final has been run and won by the mighty Hawthorn Hawks. In a tightly fought and bruising final Hawthorn beat Fremantle 11 11 77 to 8 14 62. Despite being the best team all year and finishing on top of the League ladder the hawks were not widely fancied to win today. Guess nobody told them that.

Hawthorn are the dominant team of the modern era. Starting with their first Grand Final appearance in 1961 they have appeared in 17 grand Finals and won 11 of them. In the past 42 years it is 15 & 10. The current team is built around a core of players who won the flag in 2008 and were narrowly beaten last year.

As a loyal fan of over 30 years standing and a current club member I will be heading to hawthorn tomorrow to celebrate the win with the players and many fans. Should be great fun.

Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

I expect you will be wearing your Hawthorn undies:

Yellow in the front and brown at the back.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Spoken like a bitter non-Hawthorn supporter. As the great John Kennedy said many years ago "I don't care if people like us, but they will respect us". Brown & Gold looks pretty damned good this morning.
      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

I'm sure that's an old joke in Aussie Land, but it damned near ruined my keyboard.

Go Hawthorn.
        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
          I'm sure that's an old joke in Aussie Land, but it damned near ruined my keyboard.
          As the most successful team of the past 60 years with 11 grand Finals and the only one to have won flags in 6 successive decades (no other club has done better than 4) we bear the jokes with good humour. Winning has a way of putting such things in perspective.

Go Hawthorn.
          Thanks Holly. Here are some highlights for you.

Comment

Not a fan of AFL I term it as a rude term lol I kinda hoped fremantle won though
            http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
              Not a fan of AFL I term it as a rude term lol
              Your loss mate. Best field sport in the world bar none. I grew up around both types of Rugby, have watched a lot of soccer & even a fair bit of American Football. Nothing comes even a bit close either as a sport or in terms of the crowds.

I kinda hoped fremantle won though
              Got to meet a lot of Freo supporters this week. Lovely folk. Hope their team wins a flag in the next few years....just not against my team.

Comment

I think that a lot of Melburnians: those not committed Hawthorn fans,of course, were rather hoping that Fremantle would win: good for the competition.
                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                  Not a fan of AFL I term it as a rude term lol I kinda hoped fremantle won though
                  I don't blame you. Seems to me like,with all those fans, they could pop for some kind of big glossy trophy instead of just some raggedly flag.
                  My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                    Spoken like a bitter non-Hawthorn supporter. As the great John Kennedy said many years ago "I don't care if people like us, but they will respect us". Brown & Gold looks pretty damned good this morning.
                    Not bitter at all. I run to a very simple deal that if my team isn't there then I have no opinion on who should win it. And having more flags than your mob means that the respect bit isn't relevant either.

I just enjoy the poo and wee jokes.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                      Your loss mate. Best field sport in the world bar none. I grew up around both types of Rugby, have watched a lot of soccer & even a fair bit of American Football. Nothing comes even a bit close either as a sport or in terms of the crowds.
                      Aussie football crowds really get into it, like Brazilians football fans?

While I've never kept abreast of Australian football developments, I did develop an admiration for the game. When I was in high school Wide World of Sports broadcast a game, and we though it wonderful. We couldn't go to any local field to play, on account of the local fields being devoid of grass and simultaneously dominated by drug addicts, so we played our own version of Aussie football on the street. That was great fun. Some of our neighbors weren't so amused when we banged into their cars, but we had a great time.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X