Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Tiger Woods Ever Win Another Major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul "Mr. Cornpone" Harvey's thoughts on golf (#14):

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five."
    Last edited by lakechampainer; 15 Aug 13, 19:39.

Comment

Tiger will win another major, probably not this year though. Woods has five more events that count in 2013....the FedEx Cup series and his own tournament in December. If you want to count the Presidents Cup, that's six. He missed The Players, that's a huge disappointment for him.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
        Maybe golf is a sport that ultimate success requires a certain amount type of balance and/or grounding that he lost with his womanizing and then his failed marriage. Did he rise to greatness because the strength of his earlier family life?

I love how his wife is handling it. Her new boyfriend's yacht is bigger than Tiger's....
        It's the one in front. Mine Games has its own submarine!

Chris Cline's super yacht Mine Games, left, is parked in front of Privacy, owned by Tiger Woods, right, in Jupiter, Florida on March 18, 2013.
        Credit: WENN.com

Last edited by Persephone; 18 Aug 13, 11:58.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          I love how his wife is handling it. Her new boyfriend's yacht is bigger than Tiger's....
          It's the one in front. Mine Games has its own submarine!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Sure looks like Sherlock made the right call!

Comment

He can still compete for Senior PGA Championship in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                He can still compete for Senior PGA Championship in 10 years.
                True, but those are not majors. I used to think he could get at least one more, but now lean the other way. I no longer think he can catch Jack, period.

Regards,
                Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                  True, but those are not majors. I used to think he could get at least one more, but now lean the other way. I no longer think he can catch Jack, period.

Regards,
                  Dennis

They do consider senior PGA tours as majors. Courtesy of Wiki.

In the current order of play, the senior majors are:

The Tradition (Champions Tour major since foundation in 1989) May
                  Senior PGA Championship (founded 1937; Champions Tour major since 1980) May
                  Senior Players Championship (Champions Tour major since foundation in 1983) June
                  U.S. Senior Open (Champions Tour major since foundation in 1980) July
                  The Senior Open Championship (often called the "Senior British Open" outside the UK; founded 1987; Champions Tour major since 2003) July

Tiger already surpassed Jack on PGA Tour wins. Jack has the 3rd most PGA Tour victories with 73, behind Tiger Woods (79) and Sam Snead (82).

Comment

Well... there is the PGA tour and the Champion's tour.
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I don't know who "they" are, but I do not see any Senior Tour "major" being the equivalent of winning one on the PGA tour. The quality of competition is markedly less on the senior tour. The proof of that is the number of PGA majors won by senior tour players.

Yes, Tiger won more tournaments, but the question is will he win another major.

Regards,
                      Dennis

Comment

And the answer is - was - YES

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X