College Football 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2013

I didn't see a thread dedicated just to general chatter about college ball for 2013, so I figured that needed rectified right away.

Looking forward, the Coaches' Poll has the Top 25 standing at:

25. Oregon State
    24. USC
    23. Wisconsin
    22. Northwestern
    21. UCLA
    20. TCU
    19. Boise State
    18. Nebraska
    17. Michigan
    16. OU
    15. Texas
    14. OK State
    13. LSU
    12. Florida State
    11. Notre Dame
    10. Florida
    9. Louisville
    8. Clemson
    7. SC
    6. TAMU
    5. Georgia
    4. Stanford
    3. Oregon
    2. Ohio State
    1. WVU

...nah, I'm just in' with you, No. 1 is Alabama.

Four Big XII teams on the Coaches poll, not bad. Other than WVU (naturally), Florida State is my no. 2 team, so I'm glad to see them ranked fairly high. Jimbo has been steadily bringing that program back to national relevance. I really want to see FSU in the Big XII as a regular WVU opponent, but I think the conference realignment madness dust has settled, for now.

IS IT SEPTEMBER YET.

Texas A&M might not even be in the Top 25 if Johnny Manziel is suspended for the season.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

It certainly will be interesting to see how TAMU fares without Johnny Football.

Manziel basically was awarded the Heisman as his grand prize for beating Alabama.

Comment

Washington State will win 2 PAC 12 games thereby doubling their 2012 effort.
        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
          Washington State will win 2 PAC 12 games thereby doubling their 2012 effort.
          LOL. Good vibes and wishful thinking are the name of the preseason game.

Last season was painful for my Mountaineers. We began the season so vastly overrated by a media that then gleefully tore us apart when the wheels came off and Geno fell apart. This year, we are buried and, I think, underrated. We have lost Geno, Tavon Austin, and Stedman Bailey, but overall I think this team will be a little deeper than last year.

I predict another 7-6 season as WVU continues to rebuild. Not fantastic, but not enough to cause too much .

Comment

I've become a WVU fan, well, except when they play the home team, PITT! Sadly, a collection of mental defectives in the athletic departments at both schools have seen to end one of the great rivalries with the termination of the "Backyard Brawl." A pox on all their houses, !

My true #1 team remains my alma mater........SLIPPERY ROCK!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

The end of the Backyard Brawl is probably the worst thing to happen in the world, ever. I am crushed to learn that you're a sPitt fan, here I was under the impression that you were a good guy.

It really is sad to not have Pitt on the schedule. It's one of the greatest rivalries in the nation. I'll never forget or forgive you bastards for knocking us out of the National Championship game in '07.

The closest thing we have to a rival in the Big XII is Oklahoma, which is cool because I love when OU and WVU play. We shocked them in the Fiesta Bowl in 2008, and if not for the fates and Tyler Bitancurt's awful kicking, we should have beat them last season.

Oh, and also...EAT PITT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
                The end of the Backyard Brawl is probably the worst thing to happen in the world, ever. I am crushed to learn that you're a sPitt fan, here I was under the impression that you were a good guy.

It really is sad to not have Pitt on the schedule. It's one of the greatest rivalries in the nation. I'll never forget or forgive you bastards for knocking us out of the National Championship game in '07.

The closest thing we have to a rival in the Big XII is Oklahoma, which is cool because I love when OU and WVU play. We shocked them in the Fiesta Bowl in 2008, and if not for the fates and Tyler Bitancurt's awful kicking, we should have beat them last season.

Oh, and also...EAT PITT!

The move to WVU was, I suppose, accelerated by the general trend among the locals here to be completely culturally inarticulate!

As to the EAT PITT! I suppose such gutter language is to be expected from a group whose idea of celebration is to ignite their own living room furniture in the middle of public thoroughfares!

I couldn't believe the Mounties took Rushel Shell in as a transfer from PITT! The kid is a complete head case. Doesn't like to go to class or practice and has a grossly over-developed sense of entitlement. That last is saying a lot bad considering the general existence of same in D-1 athletes.

I've been to 3 brawls live. The first as a kid when Pitt came back from a 35 point or so half-time deficit to win, one at old Mountaineer Field during the Dorset years when WVU won on a last second field goal and the last was the triple overtime win at Mountaineer Field by Pitt. That is the single best football game I have ever seen on any level of play.

Check out my NFL poll thread in the barracks section, you might enjoy participating!

Best regards,
                Dennis

Comment

The end of the Big East was pretty heartbreaking, if only because it's the conference I grew up with, and most of our great rivalries were in it. The writing was on the wall when we first lost BC, Miami, and Virginia Tech (my involuntary reflex when typing that name is to spit...). It always seemed to me that the natural place for WVU was the ACC, but for some reason the ACC never came calling.

Though the conference realignment madness seems to have subsided for now, I hope the ACC doesn't pan out in the same ignominious fashion as the BE did. Although I will admit to really, really wanting Florida State to jump to the Big XII with us.

Comment

I wasn't concerned about the conference shifts. I don't worry much about D-1 sports period anymore. The ridiculous nature of recruiting and the damn near blatant professionalism inherent in the revenue sports has turned me off completely.

I don't even want to start on the hypocrisy. Coaches jump contracts with impunity (happened at both Pitt and WVU recently didn't it?) but athletes doing the same are penalized. Then the athletic departments and schools talk about students first..............bullshit!

Our favorites are relatively tame by comparison to soooooo many others, especially the SEC.

I do still want to see the local schools, Pitt and WVU do well, but if not, so what. Now Slippery Rock, different story. DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK!!!

Regards,
                    Dennis

Comment

I like many teams, but I went to Tennessee and Georgia. I just prefer SEC games mostly. Except for Virginia Tech.
                      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                        I like many teams, but I went to Tennessee and Georgia. I just prefer SEC games mostly. Except for Virginia Tech.
                        Tech is ACC, but I agree - everyone should hate them.

Comment

I find it interesting that when the Aggies (Gig em) moved to the SEC here in Austin they talked like they were making a mistake and that A&M would suffer in their attempt to be a big time program.

Now the talk around Austin is that UT needs to do something or they will be in danger of playing in a second rate league that doesn't offer the chance for National Championships and exposure.

Amazing how one off season has changed everything

Manziel needs to do a lot of maturing. Some of my football sources say they think he is just trying to position himself to go pro as soon as he can.

He may end up being a flash in the pan.

Comment

All I've got to say is:

As he goes, OSU goes. He's the man as far as the Buckeyes are concerned.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Is Ohio State legal this year?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X