Biogenesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biogenesis

If the founder of the company goes through with outing all players who took PEDs, this will be the worst PED scandal ever.
    But he need to provide solid evidence and/or credible witnesses.

MLB's Big League Bust
    The possibilities for how this story could play out, both financially and legally, are quite fascinating:
    - Will Tony Bosch produce legitimate evidence (e.g. receipts, bank statements, other eye-witnesses) that corroborates the documentation already floating about? Because if all he has is his word, that will be like Thanksgiving for MLBPA’s ravenous lawyers who will carve Bosch’s verbal testimony into turkey dinner. Bosch’s desperation to avoid escalating legal costs and future prosecution is palpable herein. He’ll sing like a canary, but whether his song rings true remains to be seen.
    - If baseball successfully proves that dozens of players received and/or used banned substances from Tony Bosch, it could signal the beginning of the end to baseball’s tainted era. True, we thought we had already reached the end of this saga…but the vastness of the suspensions being pursued by MLB could truly act as an ominous deterrent to current and future players from using. You will never rid the sport completely of PEDs, but you can exact a serious dent in frequency.

The only caveat being that MLB could risk walking away humiliated if their key witness doesn’t provide the goods (i.e. the truth), or if their investigative methods employed to reach this point are viewed as vindictive, unethical, and/or spiteful.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...s-bounty-gate/
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Looks like they don't have much of a case against Robinson Cano. If he did, he went through a woman who works for his foundation.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      If the founder of the company goes through with outing all players who took PEDs, this will be the worst PED scandal ever.
      But he need to provide solid evidence and/or credible witnesses.
      There's the rub. It will be almost impossible to punish the offenders without undeniable proof of their direct participation.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

^ Right. I don't see how they can take a guy's word who knows it is illegal for these guys to take the stuff and still sells it to them. Don't get me wrong, I am sick of some players who drag the good name of those who don't use in the mud.

However, no positive test results - no punishment. Selig is not Judge Landis.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
          ^ Right. I don't see how they can take a guy's word who knows it is illegal for these guys to take the stuff and still sells it to them. Don't get me wrong, I am sick of some players who drag the good name of those who don't use in the mud.

However, no positive test results - no punishment. Selig is not Judge Landis.
          No he is not, but I believe he would like to act that way in this instance. I would like to see that as well.

The issue isn't whether or not Bud would go the draconian route, but that such action would not stand up in court today.

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

I have to believe the players' union will fight it tooth and nail.
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Supposedly...there are other witnesses, but none have been named or identified yet.

Report: MLB has 'tons' of witnesses for investigation into Biogenesis
              By Mike Axisa | Baseball Writer
              June 7, 2013 9:28 am ET

The quality of the witnesses is more important than the quantity of witnesses, of course. Multiple witnesses testified against both Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds in recent years, but it didn't lead to anything.

Alex Rodriguez, who seems to be at the center of the investigation, along with Ryan Braun, issued a statement on Thursday saying he was unhappy about being named before the investigation is complete. Bosch reportedly tried to extort money from A-Rod before agreeing to cooperate with MLB.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...nto-biogenesis

Comment

This if they are all credible, could be a mess.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

These 3 are free agents after this season...

In Biogenesis case, 3 players are key
                  Jun 13, 2013 3:25 PM ET
                  Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun are the biggest stars linked to Major League Baseball’s investigation of the now-defunct Biogenesis wellness clinic.

But for the purposes of the 2013 season, they aren’t the most important.

Of all the names to emerge in reports about Biogenesis, only three are key contributors on contending teams: Detroit Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Texas Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz and Oakland A’s right-hander Bartolo Colon.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/b...spensions-0612

Comment

From Persephone's earlier post, " Bosch reportedly tried to extort money from A-Rod before agreeing to cooperate with MLB."

Who'd a'thunk that a person willing to engage in one illegal practice would ever, possibly attempt others!?

Regards,
                    Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X