Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did they blow the home run call on purpose??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they blow the home run call on purpose??

I've seen speculation that Angel Hernandez and his crew intentionally did not rule Adam Rosales shot a home run when it clearly was as a protest against the use of replay in baseball. That will probably never be proven one way or the other.

Should it be established as fact that crew needs to be immediately fired and banned from future umpiring. If their union protests (and I am a union supporter), screw them. If they strike, call in replacements no matter how poor they may be and live with them until the union submits.

I view that act, if it can be established as fact, to be a level of cheating even worse than Pete Rose's.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Angel Hernandez also worked in the WBC, check out this outrageous strike call he made...

World Baseball Classic umpire makes worst strike call ever
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-ever/1990443/

How the heck did he ever get to the majors with his terrible eyesight???
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      Angel Hernandez also worked in the WBC, check out this outrageous strike call he made...

How the heck did he ever get to the majors with his terrible eyesight???
      I agree completely. The difference between the two calls is that the homer was a group effort that required the complicity of the entire crew.

The strike call brands him a dolt. The homer call brands 4 umps as cheaters.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X