X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Scott wins first Masters for Australia

Any of you Aussies watch it?

From: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sters/2082587/

AUGUSTA, Ga. Carrying the weight of an entire continent on his back and hauling around the burden of expectation for years hasn't been easy at times for Adam Scott of Australia.

The burden is gone now.

Scott, 32, erased decades of Aussie heartbreak at the Masters, closing with a final-round 2-under 70, then defeating two-time major champion Angel Cabrera on the second hole of a playoff to capture his first major.

It is the first Masters title for Australia.

"Australia is a proud sporting nation," said Scott, who paid tribute to Greg Norman. "It's amazing that it came down to me."
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Congratulations to Adam Scott and all of Australia. It's about time, and may there be many more.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

What a glorious moment for a very happy young Australian. Share his joy here.

(Is there a word for the opposite of 'schadenfreude'?

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        Carrying the weight of an entire continent on his back and hauling around the burden of expectation for years hasn't been easy at times for Adam Scott of Australia.
        It was at least 85 kgs lighter than that quote would have you believe because I wasn't one of them. I couldn't care less about golf, golfers or how tough life is for a man that gets paid mega bucks to hit a little white ball into a hole.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
          It was at least 85 kgs lighter than that quote would have you believe because I wasn't one of them. I couldn't care less about golf, golfers or how tough life is for a man that gets paid mega bucks to hit a little white ball into a hole.
          I guessed as much in your case. The golf channels paint golf as being incredibly popular in Australia/New Zealand, yet nobody from there mentions it on ACG. And US members don't post comments about golf either - only their uniquely American sports fetishes.

Maybe it's left to those who are not emotionally involved to comment on it. Kind of like when I hear women read out cricket scores and details - like they had any idea what it is about!!! Something I find quite irritating on account of them being not-men.

Philip
          Last edited by PhilipLaos; 15 Apr 13, 06:19.

Comment

Golf is defined as "A good walk spoiled", but enough of that, i am a golfing nut, glad to see Adam Scott finally winning it for Australia, at least he wasn't as unlucky like the Shark.

Yipee

Comment

I'm no golfer myself so perhaps I can't fully appreciate the significance of the win:- but obviously it was a fine effort.
              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X