The Rutgers Basketball Is Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rutgers Basketball Is Crazy

This coach needs to be fired and never be allowed to coach again. Not even Bobby Knight did this stuff.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-slurs-players
    Last edited by Checkertail20; 02 Apr 13, 15:27.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

You got it Coly. He's done gone too far.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mike Rice has been fired. Now I wonder what there going to do with the Athletic Director.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

So basically he talked to his players like I talked to my soldiers as an NCO. You can't do that when you have the media waiting to make it a circus. That was the stupid thing, not the things he said, but the fact he was dumb enough to think it wouldn't get out and get him fired.
        Кто там?
        Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
        Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
          So basically he talked to his players like I talked to my soldiers as an NCO. You can't do that when you have the media waiting to make it a circus. That was the stupid thing, not the things he said, but the fact he was dumb enough to think it wouldn't get out and get him fired.
          It almost didn't: the school was given a copy of the video back in November. At the time the administration decided to work to "rehabilitate" their coach -- but its release now has caused them to rethink their decision.

"Based upon recently revealed information and a review of previously discovered issues, Rutgers has terminated the contract of Mike Rice."

NPR
          Funny how the "review" didn't start until the video became public. What a bunch of spineless shts.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
            The things he said was way over the line and calling players nasty names like sissy faggot and ***** does no good at all. If you also look at the video the coach has no self control and eventually he was going to do something that was going to get a player injured.
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

The athletic director has resigned.
              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

In a way it is a bit odd. When I played football in high school our coaches had no problem hitting us, kicking us (it felt like his shoe was up my a$$ for week after one incident) though I don't remember the verbal stuff. Truth on that is no one held back with each other on language like that...we played a game of hockey we sure as hell didn't stop from saying anything we wanted to each other. No one was worse for wear from that, as far as I know. I think Rice went over the top a bit but what did he experience coming up?

"Oh son, that was a slightly less than affective pass. Will you try that again. Please."

Don't think so.
                John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X