Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Hey...looking forward to it! I'm just soooooooo glad I don't have to play Diamond Kings, he usually win our matchups.
    Torien is another one who owns me...I hope Smallville wins that one.
    You certainly got your wish, Maggie! Smallville squeaked by me in a tie.
    Congrats to all and thanks for a great season!

    Now, if I can just beat MetalDog for 3rd...
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG
    __________
    "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Torien View Post

      Now, if I can just beat MetalDog for 3rd...
      If you keep hitting homers like this, then it shouldn't be a problem.
      "In the absence of orders...find something and kill it!" Lt. General Erwin Rommel, 1942

      Comment


      • Now that I know, I will have Trent more in charge instead of my brother, and next year will be different. I got the hang of football easier for some reason.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • As the former defending champion allow me to be the first to congratulate the Executioners on winning the 2013 championship!!
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

          Comment


          • Congrats to Maggie and Doc for winning it all this year. Let's hope she doesnt carry throuh on her threat to retire as I know we would all like another shot at defeating The Executioner. Kudos to Smallville as well. That was a well fought battle. Torien, I hate that it ended in a tie. Don't get me wrong, I'll take Third Place, but I hate to have gotten it in a tiebreaker. And thank you to all o our participants this year. I hope you had as much fun as I did. And I look forward to seeing you all back here again next year.
            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

            "Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

            Comment


            • It went down to the wire. When Smalleville called it halfway thru...I had to do what I had to do.

              I used a different approach the last couple of matchups. Sitting pitchers was brilliant...I must say.
              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

              "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

              Comment


              • Congrats Maggie and Doc!
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Congrats to The Executioners and Smallville for the exciting finish. Well done guys and gals!

                  Comment


                  • Out of curiosity anyone playing in other leagues and how did you do?

                    I was in three other leages and made the playoffs in all three. Made it to the championship game in two and placed econd in both.
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

                    Comment


                    • I was in three leagues. came in third in ours and a point league. I won the other H2H league I was in. I did notice that in our league, there have been only two repeat finishers in the Top 3 over the last three years, Executioners and All Stars. Maggie and Doc have finished 1st, 2nd, 1st and I have finished third in '11 and '13. The reason I mention this is, that I have tried winning each year by making the fewest moves possible. Drafting with an eye towards the patience of accumulation over the course of the season rather than looking for and playing the hot hand. It's how I have always played. Managers who made a lot of moves, to me, were desperate to improve their team or just blinded by the new and shiny. I don't think that way any more though. After three years of being dominated that way, I intend to try to add a little of that mentality to my approach next year. Not sure if I'll get there, but I will give it a try.
                      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

                      "Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                        I was in three leagues. came in third in ours and a point league. I won the other H2H league I was in. I did notice that in our league, there have been only two repeat finishers in the Top 3 over the last three years, Executioners and All Stars. Maggie and Doc have finished 1st, 2nd, 1st and I have finished third in '11 and '13. The reason I mention this is, that I have tried winning each year by making the fewest moves possible. Drafting with an eye towards the patience of accumulation over the course of the season rather than looking for and playing the hot hand. It's how I have always played. Managers who made a lot of moves, to me, were desperate to improve their team or just blinded by the new and shiny. I don't think that way any more though. After three years of being dominated that way, I intend to try to add a little of that mentality to my approach next year. Not sure if I'll get there, but I will give it a try.

                        Ask Doc, I have no patience for non-performers. I will dump anyone who is not helping my team. There's no time in fantasy baseball to wait and hope someone will come out of a slump.
                        My mistake this season was hanging onto Verlander, I should have dumped him by mid season. I only hung onto him for his K's cuz he sure as heck didn't give me many W's. Good thing he didn't drag my team down with his season long slump.

                        Who knows...maybe next season I will have my dream team and everybody performs every game to my expectations. If that does happen...you won't see me making many moves.
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                        "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Legate View Post
                          Out of curiosity anyone playing in other leagues and how did you do?

                          I was in three other leagues and made the playoffs in all three. Made it to the championship game in two and placed second in both.
                          I played in another league, but it's not Yahoo. I came in 3rd, I won the final matchup for 3rd place in that league. I have never done worst than 3rd in any league...ever.
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                          "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Legate View Post
                            Out of curiosity anyone playing in other leagues and how did you do?

                            I was in three other leages and made the playoffs in all three. Made it to the championship game in two and placed econd in both.

                            3rd in my Keeper League and 4th in one I have been in for like 7 years.

                            1st year in a while I haven't been in one championship game .
                            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                            Comment


                            • Congrats to The Executioners!

                              I learn more and more every season from Maggie. This season, I learned it can be beneficial to not use your pitchers, depending on the situation.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
                                Congrats to The Executioners!

                                I learn more and more every season from Maggie. This season, I learned it can be beneficial to not use your pitchers, depending on the situation.
                                And maybe not draft pitchers with your first two picks?
                                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Tuebor
                                  Whitmer Again
                                  by Tuebor
                                  Sigh...



                                  Not really a surprise. She and her family reportedly vacationed on Mackinac Island over Easter, and vehicles have been...
                                  Today, 16:26
                                • wolfhnd
                                  Do you expect a second wave of Covid 19
                                  by wolfhnd
                                  This is the third installment of my guessing game. It is for the U.S. specifically irrespective of regional differences in 2020.

                                  Apparently...
                                  We will see a modest spike in July or August
                                  0%
                                  0
                                  We will see a modest spike in October through December
                                  100.00%
                                  1
                                  There will be a significant spike in October through December
                                  0%
                                  0
                                  There will be a large second wave, time frame unspecified.
                                  0%
                                  0
                                  Today, 15:47
                                • Massena
                                  Trump Threatens...
                                  by Massena
                                  ...to pull the Republican National Convention from Charlotte, NC...

                                  Please do.

                                  https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/poli...
                                  Today, 12:30
                                Working...
                                X