Super Bowl XLVII ~ New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    The people? Oh yeah, like the guy who got busted with 500 lbs. of dope?

Or the the ones who kill their women?

Impressive.
    How does that disprove my point that the same type of people would be drawn to non-ball sports if the money and fame were the same?

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
      How does that disprove my point that the same type of people would be drawn to non-ball sports if the money and fame were the same?
      It doesn't.

It proves that fans of ball sports have lower expectations.

Money apparently is the root of all evil because ball-handlers do a lot of bad stuff.

So do the ball-handling fans. Always fighting or rioting or something.
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

One of the most corrupt athletes ever from one of the most corrupt sports ever.

And nary a ball in sight.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post

Men in tights. Not quite an all-male tackle and rubdown festival full of playful booty slaps, but still a sport for Fruity Pants.

Oh, and the money? Yeah, it's a money sport.

Still, you don't see the players killing women or smuggling tons of dope.

And you don't see the fans beating opposing fans into comas in front of their children or killing each other in the parking lot because of jersey colors.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

You're slipping Cody.

A picture of Lance Armstrong with the statement "nary a ball in sight"?

That works on a few different levels.

The less serious Cody would've been all over that.

Comment

I think he still has one.

------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

You're slipping Cody.

A picture of Lance Armstrong with the statement "nary a ball in sight"?

That works on a few different levels.
                I've never been caught slipping, just like Eazy E. I believe that people who give ball-handlers a pass because they play money sports contribute to the negative qualities of those sports which most influence our youth.

I don't want my kids to admire dope-smuggling woman killers or get killed because they cheered for the wrong team.

From the little league coaches to the high school coaches to the college coaches to the pros, a little talent in a big sport equals a pass for all manner of foul activity.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                  I think he still has one.

Selous gets it!

Comment

Sure, trivialize the evil that ball-handlers do.

Run with the pack. Accept it. Allow it. Encourage it.

BoRG

Comment

Sure, trivialize the evil that ball-handlers do.

Run with the pack. Accept it. Allow it. Encourage it.
                      Is that a hint of the old humor?

'Cause that statement works on a few different levels as well.

Comment

These thugs should not be treated like heroes.

There is nothing funny about stripping down to your tightest man-panties and jumping on a pile of other men who are groping and thrusting and grunting and grabbing and slapping.

Booty slaps for everybody! Get naked and play shower room grab-ass!

Then murder a woman and sell some crack to kids! Whootie-Whoot!

BoRG

Comment

I'm lost now.

Comment

It doesn't.

It proves that fans of ball sports have lower expectations.

Money apparently is the root of all evil because ball-handlers do a lot of bad stuff.

So do the ball-handling fans. Always fighting or rioting or something.
                            Is this not because of the cash, spotlight and attention paid to ball sports? I have a hard time thinking it's something inherent in the ball sports themselves. So what is it that causes this dysfunctional behaviour in some sports, and not in others?
                            ------
                            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                              Is this not because of the cash, spotlight and attention paid to ball sports? I have a hard time thinking it's something inherent in the ball sports themselves. So what is it that causes this dysfunctional behaviour in some sports, and not in others?
                              As above, the culture of acceptance in ball sports breeds these ill-mannered hooligans.

There is no such pass in sports where money is less important.

The problem is inherent to the system of forgiveness for heinous crimes committed by star athletes in money sports.

BoRG

Comment

After watching that jackass walk after he bailed on his friends, when all knows he was involved, Ray Lewis should never be called a hero.
                                In the past, Art Modell(Yes he did) Jack Kent Cooke, and even the DeBartolo family had paid referees off. Cooke even bragged about it!
                                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X