Cricket has turned into a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket has turned into a joke

Wow I am really pissed off at cricket now in the latest ODI between Aussie v Sri Lanka was called off even though they wasted 45 mins doing nothing 2 or 3 years ago they would of started playing after 15 mins this game has turned into a joke not to mention overly advertised pograms by channel 9 during the cricket.
    http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
    Wow I am really pissed off at cricket now in the latest ODI between Aussie v Sri Lanka was called off even though they wasted 45 mins doing nothing 2 or 3 years ago they would of started playing after 15 mins this game has turned into a joke not to mention overly advertised pograms by channel 9 during the cricket.
    So where is the rest of the story? You don't say a word about why it was called off.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      So where is the rest of the story? You don't say a word about why it was called off.
      Spectators were getting overly excited, as evinced by the fact that several were seen loosening their ties and removing their hats. Ref called for immediate high tea in order to calm emotions...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
        Spectators were getting overly excited, as evinced by the fact that several were seen loosening their ties and removing their hats. Ref called for immediate high tea in order to calm emotions...
        Back with my backup key board. My old one died from a mouth full of coffee. Ya owe me Sko.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          Umpire, Skob. And I don't think they can call for tea except at the allotted time. I might have to check that.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Since becoming the province of colonial reprobates like Rojik, and even worse, Indians, Cricket has become a very different game, of short matches, cheerleaders, much advertising, excited announcers, CG graphics laden presentation, fights, brightly coloured team uniforms, social anarchy (you don't even have to wear a tie in the Long Room at Lords any more) and other madness. It's worse than football.

------
            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
              Since becoming the province of colonial reprobates like Rojik, and even worse, Indians, Cricket has become a very different game, of short matches, cheerleaders, much advertising, excited announcers, CG graphics laden presentation, fights, brightly coloured team uniforms, social anarchy (you don't even have to wear a tie in the Long Room at Lords any more) and other madness. It's worse than football.

Bouncers and googlies a plenty

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                While I happily admit to being a colonial, and I plead no contest to the reprobate charge, I must protest the insinuation I am somehow to blame for the decline and fall of the great game. I only watch test cricket, and when I do I do so from the MCC members (the real MCC - the Melbourne Cricket Club). 20/20 and ODI cricket is for the feeble minded that are easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

I blame Tony Greig and Mark Nicholas.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

whats wrong with football?

Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Cricket has turned into a joke
                    Turned into? Didn't it start out that way: the only joke you can sleep through?
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

QUOTE=slick_miester;2445562]Turned into? Didn't it start out that way: the only joke you can sleep through?[/QUOTE]

How dare you ,you rotten bounder you!

Comment

Is the match ove.... over yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                          While I happily admit to being a colonial, and I plead no contest to the reprobate charge, I must protest the insinuation I am somehow to blame for the decline and fall of the great game. I only watch test cricket, and when I do I do so from the MCC members (the real MCC - the Melbourne Cricket Club). 20/20 and ODI cricket is for the feeble minded that are easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

I blame Tony Greig and Mark Nicholas.
                          I enjoyed the ODI a few years back now it's turned into a joke I tend to watch more of the tests than the short term matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            Is the match ove.... over yet?
                            You could say the same for football a game that should go for an hour goes for 4

Comment

You could say the same for football a game that should go for an hour goes for 4
                              But not because it is boring a hell. Get up early young mate of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X