Stan the Man is no more.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan the Man is no more.....

A local icon, even though he was a Cardinal. You could make a legitimate case for his inclusion among the very, very short list of the best to ever play the game. He also was the type of gentlemen many of the others on that list were not.

Do widzenia and dobranoc Stan!

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...titles-671247/
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Stan "The Man". Babe what or A punk Rod. Stan was a great person, just not a great ball player.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Stan "The Man". Babe what or A punk Rod. Stan was a great person, just not a great ball player.

so they say.

RIP Mr Musial
      Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Stanley Frank Musial was a God to Baseball. He is nothing today's players will EVER live up to. Musial exuded class. He served in the military as Ted Williams did. Stan did more for St.Louis, he and Lou Brock, then many will ever do. The ignorant razzer who said ,"Here comes THAT man again." Only made Musial more a legend. I'd like to see ANY ballplayer today have a gall bladder taken out then play not long after. I also heard from my daddy Musial's g.b. ruptured. No ballplayer I see today can ever EVER hold a candle to Musial. I have pictures of his statue. The harmonica is now silent(Musial played it at games) The Man has left the building.
        RIP
        He will be missed.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
          I'd like to see ANY ballplayer today have a gall bladder taken out then play not long after.
          Are you listening Derek "I can't play in the All-Star Game" Jeter.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

To me, I say this. Jeter and all you pretty boys of today.
            Take a good hard f--king look at the real men from 1980-on back to 1869, and tell me, can you even MATCH any of them? No.

Comment

Good grief. Even the backwoods ball games we played, they couldn't handle. We played sometimes from sunup to sundown as a kid. Can you all do that? And we were rough as little cobs too.

Comment

To me, I say this. Jeter and all you pretty boys of today.
                Take a good hard f--king look at the real men from 1980-on back to 1869, and tell me, can you even MATCH any of them? No.
                Come now reb.

Musial was a great, great player.
                Its nice you think so highly of him. He'll be missed by lots of people.
                But there is no reason to slam anyone in your rush to praise him.
                You frankly have no idea how tough Jeter or any other player is, or whether Musial or any player from 1980 on back to 1869 was tougher or not as tough. Trying to compare their "toughness" is both pointless and impossible.
                So honor Musial.
                But don't knock any other player.
                Based on what I know of Musial, he'd be disappointed that you're doing so.

Comment

I'm just saying I think the players of yesteryear were tougher. I don't think, once the all-star game came in 1933, many of that generation skipped them as today's players do. Many due to their lifestyle off the field I don't respect. It isn't just Yankees. It is many different players.

Comment

I'm just saying I think the players of yesteryear were tougher. I don't think, once the all-star game came in 1933, many of that generation skipped them as today's players do. Many due to their lifestyle off the field I don't respect. It isn't just Yankees. It is many different players.
                    I don't think you could be more mistaken. Behavior or lifestyle was no better earlier, it is just publicized more today. No TV during the days of the Babe, no 24 hour news cycle until recently and no personal communication devices used by anyone looking for 10 seconds of fame earned by providing a scoop on someone famous behaving badly!

The players aren't any less tough now. Look how many more come back from injury now that were career ending in the past. They are also bigger, stronger and faster. I don't blame a player for not participating in an all-star game. Why risk all those future earnings for a game that means nothing?!

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X