Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Cub Ryan Freel Found Dead

Sad, sad. Right here at Christmas.

MIAMI (AP) -- Ryan Freel, a former Major League Baseball player known for his fearless play but whose career was cut short after eight seasons by a series of head and other injuries, was found dead Saturday in Jacksonville, Fla., according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Freel played for the Cubs, the Reds,Blue Jays, Royals, and Orioles.
    RIP
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Freel's style of play took a toll on his body, he had concussion issues throughout his 8 seasons in the MLB. He sure was exciting to watch play though, running full speed into walls and leaping into the stands for foul balls. He played every position except catcher & pitcher. I recall he's a pretty good base stealer too. He was one of those, "jack of all trades, master of none" type of player.

RIP, Ryan!
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Yes it did. And I saw an uplifting program on E:60 on ESPN. About Ben Petrick, former catcher for the Rockies, who was diagnosed with Parkinsons SEVEN months after his dad. He's had loads of complications, he has good and bad days, had seizures after his first brain surgery. 2nd one did better. Enough they've had their second daughter, he and his wife. Gives people hope. I hope Michael J. Fox utilizes him. He is inspirational.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X