replied
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Meet this year's inductee into the HOF.

Interesting story...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/hof13/story/_...r-deacon-white

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    Piazza was probably one of the best hitting catchers of the modern era, and did surpass Johnny Bench in HR
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...iazzmi01.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Cap. Teancum
    replied
    Sorry for the long silence, this last few days have been caotic for me.
    Thanks for your kind messages and support.
    I do hope the veterans will make justice to Murphy and I too hope the cheaters never make it to the HOF.

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    He got better as he got older. No he wasn't terrific, but he had a good head for the game. His bat spoke more than his defense. If I recall, he passed the great(and my hero) Johnny Bench for most HR's by a catcher.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Piazza was no great shakes defensively either. Too frequently position players are enshrined that have only marginal skills in the field. It is still the Baseball Hall of Fame and not the Batters Hall of Fame. The complete player is and will remain the thing with me.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    Eh?

I never heard that...

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
    The bunch that voted this year is the same bunch that votes every year. Piazza has also been linked to PEDs, though not with the same level of publicity as Bond, Clemens etc.

It is up to the veterans committee now.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• 2nd Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    The best message voters could have given was to vote in the guys everyone knows didn't juice. Like Biggio and Murphy... that would have been perfect!
    Right on Greg.

The writers should have elected Biggio as a sign that we respect players that excelled WITHOUT cheating. I hope the "Juicers" never enter the Hall unless they buy a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Don't talk to Philly fans then... he was horrible (no bat speed) when he got there.

I liked him, Niekro and Horner. They were on TV ALL the time around here.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
    I do like and think Biggio has earned a spot. If I heard it correctly last night on Around the Horn, he was the first 3000+ hit guy to NOT get elected in his first year of eligibility since 1946. That's crazy.
    There is a precedent for a 3000 hit guy not making it in his first year though. Biggio put up some substantially larger numbers than the norm for him in his later years. That did get some folks to thinking about how he managed that............

I have never heard a bad word about the original subject of the thread, Murphy. I would have liked to see him in.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Twitter3
    replied
    I do like and think Biggio has earned a spot. If I heard it correctly last night on Around the Horn, he was the first 3000+ hit guy to NOT get elected in his first year of eligibility since 1946. That's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    The best message voters could have given was to vote in the guys everyone knows didn't juice. Like Biggio and Murphy... that would have been perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Twitter3
    replied
    On a whole I am not shocked that no one got in. Some of the ballots were returned empty - other than the voters name and ID number.

Next year will be a different matter with Maddox, Glavine, Frank Thomas plus the ones from this year. I really don't see Clemens, Bonds, or Sosa getting in...ever.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    We tried man. The bunch who voted this time was real jerks. Piazza deserved in. He wasn't a PED user. It was a real letdown.
    The bunch that voted this year is the same bunch that votes every year. Piazza has also been linked to PEDs, though not with the same level of publicity as Bond, Clemens etc.

It is up to the veterans committee now.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    We tried man. The bunch who voted this time was real jerks. Piazza deserved in. He wasn't a PED user. It was a real letdown.

Leave a comment:

• Checkertail20
    replied
    Dale Murphy did not get voted in but neither did anyone else.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
    Robi P.
    by casanova
    The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
    Today, 02:27
  • casanova
    Beirut
    by casanova
    Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
    Today, 00:47
  • casanova
    Nuclear battleheads.
    by casanova
    A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
    Yesterday, 23:58
Working...
X