Getting Dale Murphy into the Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    The best message voters could have given was to vote in the guys everyone knows didn't juice. Like Biggio and Murphy... that would have been perfect!
    Right on Greg.

The writers should have elected Biggio as a sign that we respect players that excelled WITHOUT cheating. I hope the "Juicers" never enter the Hall unless they buy a ticket.
    God Save The Republic.

Comment

Eh?

I never heard that...

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
      The bunch that voted this year is the same bunch that votes every year. Piazza has also been linked to PEDs, though not with the same level of publicity as Bond, Clemens etc.

It is up to the veterans committee now.

Regards,
      Dennis
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Piazza was no great shakes defensively either. Too frequently position players are enshrined that have only marginal skills in the field. It is still the Baseball Hall of Fame and not the Batters Hall of Fame. The complete player is and will remain the thing with me.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

He got better as he got older. No he wasn't terrific, but he had a good head for the game. His bat spoke more than his defense. If I recall, he passed the great(and my hero) Johnny Bench for most HR's by a catcher.

Comment

Sorry for the long silence, this last few days have been caotic for me.
            Thanks for your kind messages and support.
            I do hope the veterans will make justice to Murphy and I too hope the cheaters never make it to the HOF.
            All warfare is based on deception.
            Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Piazza was probably one of the best hitting catchers of the modern era, and did surpass Johnny Bench in HR
              http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...iazzmi01.shtml

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Meet this year's inductee into the HOF.

Interesting story...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/hof13/story/_...r-deacon-white
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X